Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Looking at a Focus st!

One thing i want first hand opinion on is MPG... what do you guys get...

1. around town and motorways Standard
2. around town and motorways with Dream Science remap

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Alrite mate.

I get 30mpg on the m roads off boost. Dont get an st if you watch the mpg especially on premium petrol.

Theres a meet at half way house tomorrow from 7pm which will convence you to get one try and make it.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
fella. As previously stated if you're worrying about MPG you might be looking at the wrong car - ST's are thirsty girls. And there's no way you're going to be able to drive it for long without (a) Putting your foot down whilst shouting 'Yeeeeehaaaaa' and (b) deciding it's not powerful enough and adding mods.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha! well i drive a Puma'd Fiesta Zetec s atm..... ive got OBD readers on my pc and phone and that shows round 32mpg on the motorway so not to different to be fair lol !! Whats the different between the non facelift and face lift? any ???

Also wont dream science map bring MPG up on a certain map?

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Haha! well i drive a Puma'd Fiesta Zetec s atm..... ive got OBD readers on my pc and phone and that shows round 32mpg on the motorway so not to different to be fair lol !! Whats the different between the non facelift and face lift? any ???

Also wont dream science map bring MPG up on a certain map?
I went to northampton last week did a quarter of a tank on a 2 hour drive mpg 33. Then went for a blast today and did quaeter of a tank in bout 10mins.

Really depends on ya right foot Mate. with a map it might do a littlw better if the engine is running sweet and supporting mods help reduce engine work rate but on the flip side a map will mean ya be flat out most of the time.

Forget mpg if ya getting 32 now probably get mid to high 20s in the st. But its worth it.

Like I said come to half way house and you'll be sold on one

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
fella. As previously stated if you're worrying about MPG you might be looking at the wrong car - ST's are thirsty girls. And there's no way you're going to be able to drive it for long without (a) Putting your foot down whilst shouting 'Yeeeeehaaaaa' and (b) deciding it's not powerful enough and adding mods.
if i worried about my mpg i would sell up and buy 2 new fiesta diesels and still have extra change for fuel

·
Captain Slow
16,275 Posts
Hi Ryan and
along to the club mate.

I am getting just over 27MPG with a mixture of around town and long, national speed limit runs, that's running stage 3 software and mods (just don't tell people I drive like an old woman
).

Regardless of map the ST is a thirsty girl so be warned.

·
Registered
485 Posts
by the way welcome to the mad world of st,s lol,ive run mod x for about 15 months,mpg is as good as you like,drive like miss daisy and 35 plus,drive like a man possessed and low teens with a tanker following you,but hey you dont buy an st to be miss daisy,look arfter her and she will look arfter you

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm 20 with 1 year ncb.... Been quoted 1600.... But gunna ask my current insurer tommornw what they will quote me

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hello and welcome to the club Ryan i do a round trip off 60miles a day for work and if i dont go out for blasts on the night i average around 32ish. But like everyone has said ST's are thirsty but its well worth it when you put ya toe down and you hear the turbo spooooooooooool ! Brum Tishhhh

1 - 20 of 27 Posts