Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Thought Id introduce myself on here, wont go into too much detail but im 28 from Kent and support Everton (blame the parents).

Im about to buy a focus st-3 08 model with around 10k miles on the clock so thought id sign up and see whats going on, has anyone got any tips for me when buying the car? things i should be looking out for. Ive already been told the tyres go quicker than most cars and to make sure im not gonna have to buy new tyres straight away, the one im looking at looks pretty low and im going to try and get the dealer to replace them as part of the deal. Any help would be gratefully recieved!

Cheers

Andy

ps... just seen the newbie questions sorry i should have checked first!

·
Registered
13,907 Posts
Welcome to the club, tyre wear really depends on your style of driving i got around 12k out of my last set of fronts with plenty left on the rears.

Biggest thing to look out for on an Electric orange car is bodywork,/paint, as even minor repairs to the paint can be difficult to match up.

Also some cars have suffered from slipping clutches after not many miles.

Apart from that just the usual checks and service history and you should be fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
two i was looking at were sold when i got there, gonna be commuting to london for the next tree months anyway so gonna ride it out and wait ffor the right deal...i will have my st-3!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quick update, Ive found my new beauty! laid down a deposit on the sucker and im off to pick it up later today or tomo, so excited.

Really glad i missed out on the others, ive bagged:

08 Focus ST-3 5 door, Performance Blue, Touch Screen Nav with DEATC, Key free, Visibility Pack, perimiter alarm dealer said it had everything but the ST stripes which I dont want anyway! Only thing i didnt realise is the touchscreen doesnt have DAB which I wanted, but hey ho i guess you cant have everything.

Ive a few questions and if anyone could help id appreciate it:

1. Whats the latest version of the touchscreen nav software, Ive seen a few posts on here saying the dealers try and fob you off with aa but there is ab or something, wondering if there have been further updates since those posts, just want to get them on this before I find the cash to give them a little extra incentive to deliver!

2. Are there any things I should be making sure are there before I drive off, user manuals, accessories that may have been misplaced etc (i see a tyre repair kit is supposed to be standard).

Appreciate all the welcome messages and help, cant wait to drive the little beaut!

Andy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.