Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
mk2.5 orange 3 door
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, my name is Aaron, from Hednesford, Cannock, Staffs.

A little about me:
I am 33 and currently have a mk2.5 orange 3 door Focus St2. Bought it completely standard with 2 owners and iv'e had it now for nearly a year.

My motoring background started with old school fords, namely XR2, XR3i, XR3i with a 2 litre zetec in, s2 RS Turbo. All back when you could get all of the mentioned models for under a grand! I then went to the dark side and have had 3 Impreza's (2 classics and a blob) and an evo 5, all tuned between 300-400bhp. Then parenthood hit and I found myself driving more 'sensible' cars for the last few years, but have now been lucky enough to have been able to have the focus just as a weekend car.

I cannot believe how much the cars of yesteryear are rocketing up in price!

The car currently is at the following spec:
Block mod
RS clutch
3" d/pipe
Decat mid pipe
Scorpion 2.5" non res cat back
Forge recirc valve with yellow spring
Grp A filter with silicone turbo to x/over pipe
Silicone symposer delete cold side pipe
Dreamscience/Radtec intercooler
Running mod X and actually had it R/Roaded this weekend just gone at MSL B'ham and it made 285.25hp and 332.5lbft at the wheels

Future plans:
It's booked in for LSD end of the month :)
Other than that; long term it will be wheels, maybe semi slicks, 6 pots, rear roll bar then just get it looking as mint as possible for shows and meets etc.

I hope there is regular meets close to where I am for like minded people and owners?

Thanks all, look forward to hearing from you guys
Aaron.

·
Registered
mk2.5 orange 3 door
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Snowblind,

Yes I have been busy and it’s been an expensive year on it! I tend to do my forum research and come up with a plan of action before buying a car. It’s just been a case of saving for up for each mod over the last year.
Once the diffs done, that’s most of the big spending on it done... hopefully!

I’ll have a go of uploading a couple of images tomorrow on the work pc, see if I can figure it out.
🙂
Aaron

·
Registered
mk2.5 orange 3 door
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's a couple of it at MSL (if the attachments work)
Exterior was also stock when i bought it.
The only things I have in mind for exterior now are wheels, brakes and possibly a Rieger RS style bumper and rear wiper delete. Oh and I have new mud flaps in the garage but will wait for if i fit a more aggressive wheel type before fitting them.

And one not longer after i bought it, just after the Cobra springs went on.
It had the wind defelctors on here but they keep bloody falling off!

Aaron

·
Registered
mk2.5 orange 3 door
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi all,

I just thought i would give you a quick update with what i have been up to over the winter and spring months and how the car is currently looking.

Since last posting it was looking as documented above and shortly after the rolling road, i took it off the road for the winter.

Sadly, the car started suffering from a lot of lacquer peel on the bonnet, roof and drivers A pillar. So first jobs were to rectify this as cheaply as possible. All the old flaky paint came off them panels and i took the bonnet to work, along with a Reiger front bumper from Germany as the bumper needed freshening up too so though it would be rude not to. I opted for gloss black on the roof and mirrors. (i have a bit of experience with painting as i worked in a body shop for a while many moons ago) oh and cut the vent holes in the bonnet at the same time. Its all back together now and other than requiring polish here and there, its looking really clean and i am really chuffed with it.
I do need to do a better job of fixing the bumper to the wings. I also still need to blend the wings in to the bonnet and bumper with the paint i have left but i need the whole car at work to do this.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Other jobs done: -
Freshly refurbed rs wheels with semi slicks fitted with new shiny wheel nuts.
Spacers from 15mm front/20mm back changed to 20mm front/25mm back.
Quaife limited slip diff fitted.
Debadged rear window.
Front lights flatted down and clear coated to get rid of fog.

I did have a slight miss hap if you can call it slight....
When i cut the holes in the bonnet for the vents, i covered all the paintwork up but left the windscreen, thinking that it would have no effect on this at all.
School boy error!
The laminate on the screen melts from the grinder sparks (even light grinding) which rendered the new screen ruined! i cut around the seal on the screen to make painting of the a pillar and roof easier.
This is on the list of things to replace...

Other things on the list to do: -
I have pumaspeed 6 pots with ds2500 pads to go on.
I need to get a new oil filter housing (i have asked for advice on this in another post)
I have a quickshift kit, boost gauge, rally type steering wheel, a gear knob and a boost gauge to freshen up the interior.
I have maxton side skirt extensions to go on but i am reluctant to put these on yet in case it needs to go on a ramp or whatever for the MOT and it may be too low.
And to finish it off i want to get rs injectors and airtec plenum so i can load up the mod-xrs map.
Maybe i will get the larger rear rotor conversion for the rear too from Reyland to tie in with the front brakes.

Cheers,
Aaron

·
Premium Member
Grumpy Pete - Mk 2 PFL CP320
223 Posts
Hi all,

I just thought i would give you a quick update with what i have been up to over the winter and spring months and how the car is currently looking.

Since last posting it was looking as documented above and shortly after the rolling road, i took it off the road for the winter.

Sadly, the car started suffering from a lot of lacquer peel on the bonnet, roof and drivers A pillar. So first jobs were to rectify this as cheaply as possible. All the old flaky paint came off them panels and i took the bonnet to work, along with a Reiger front bumper from Germany as the bumper needed freshening up too so though it would be rude not to. I opted for gloss black on the roof and mirrors. (i have a bit of experience with painting as i worked in a body shop for a while many moons ago) oh and cut the vent holes in the bonnet at the same time. Its all back together now and other than requiring polish here and there, its looking really clean and i am really chuffed with it.
I do need to do a better job of fixing the bumper to the wings. I also still need to blend the wings in to the bonnet and bumper with the paint i have left but i need the whole car at work to do this.

View attachment 906736
View attachment 906735

Other jobs done: -
Freshly refurbed rs wheels with semi slicks fitted with new shiny wheel nuts.
Spacers from 15mm front/20mm back changed to 20mm front/25mm back.
Quaife limited slip diff fitted.
Debadged rear window.
Front lights flatted down and clear coated to get rid of fog.

I did have a slight miss hap if you can call it slight....
When i cut the holes in the bonnet for the vents, i covered all the paintwork up but left the windscreen, thinking that it would have no effect on this at all.
School boy error!
The laminate on the screen melts from the grinder sparks (even light grinding) which rendered the new screen ruined! i cut around the seal on the screen to make painting of the a pillar and roof easier.
This is on the list of things to replace...

Other things on the list to do: -
I have pumaspeed 6 pots with ds2500 pads to go on.
I need to get a new oil filter housing (i have asked for advice on this in another post)
I have a quickshift kit, boost gauge, rally type steering wheel, a gear knob and a boost gauge to freshen up the interior.
I have maxton side skirt extensions to go on but i am reluctant to put these on yet in case it needs to go on a ramp or whatever for the MOT and it may be too low.
And to finish it off i want to get rs injectors and airtec plenum so i can load up the mod-xrs map.
Maybe i will get the larger rear rotor conversion for the rear too from Reyland to tie in with the front brakes.

Cheers,
Aaron
That is a very good looking car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts