Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just to say hello to everybody, I have just bought my second 07 plate panther black ST-3. My first ST-3 was a blue 56 plate. I am picking up my new one on Friday in Derby, Im from Scotland so Im gonna have to travel a fair bit to pick it up but I am very much looking forward to the drive up north. I am a farmer on the west coast of Scotland so I traded in my blue ST just over a year ago for an Mitsibushi L200 Warrior 08 plate, but I was missing the ST like mad, especially when doing long drives as my girlfriend is from London and the L200 was a
for over-taking. So...........I thought I would treat my self and took the plunge and I CANT wait any longer to get back behind the wheel of the new one! (keeping the L200 for work)

I was wondering what the new Sony cd player was like in the newer ST's?? I changed the one in my 56 plate to an LG DVD/SAT Motorised Screen thingy.. [URL=]http://www.ciao.co.uk/LG_Electronics_LAN_9600_R__6596034
[/URL]
I cant seem to find another one of these anywhere and I was wondering if anyone has any recomendations or to just stay with the standard Sony cd player?

Thank You!

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Hello and
to the club

I find the Sony stereo fine,but if you are in to upgrading ICE it might not be good enough for you,but it does the job

If you had too good a stereo you would not hear the engine

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
to the club.

I hope you have a good drive back in the
on Friday & that the weather doesn't spoil your fun too much.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanx everyone, What a welcoming place!

Yeah I do hope the weather holds up for the drive back, sure it will be fine. Im making CD's for the journey right now! Does the Sony head unit play MP3's??

Any suggestions for the first song I should play on the journey?? maybe after half an hour or so cause I really cant wait to hear and feel that engine again!! LOL

Cheers!!

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
QUOTE(CollCrofter @ 11 Jan 2010, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanx everyone, What a welcoming place!

Yeah I do hope the weather holds up for the drive back, sure it will be fine. Im making CD's for the journey right now! Does the Sony head unit play MP3's??

Any suggestions for the first song I should play on the journey?? maybe after half an hour or so cause I really cant wait to hear and feel that engine again!! LOL

Cheers!!

I wouldn't worry about what music to play. That glorious engine note is enough for me!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Enjoy the new car....

I've got an LG sat nav system probably very like yours in my van, got to say I think the Sony system sounds better!! But as a previous chap said, you'll probably not want it on much, just enjoy the exhaust notes!!

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
QUOTE(CollCrofter @ 11 Jan 2010, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanx everyone, What a welcoming place!Yeah I do hope the weather holds up for the drive back, sure it will be fine. Im making CD's for the journey right now! Does the Sony head unit play MP3's??Any suggestions for the first song I should play on the journey?? maybe after half an hour or so cause I really cant wait to hear and feel that engine again!! LOLCheers!!

Hiya and
to the
club - have a safe drive on Friday

I have one of the newer Sony systems and it does play MP3s, but mine is the single disc unit (ST2) rather than the multi disc one so I can't say for sure if yours will

1 - 15 of 15 Posts