Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
New to this site and looking at purchasing my 1st ST-2 or ST-3. Is they anything i should look out for when viewing these cars.
What prices should i be paying looking at a 2nd had one. Fancy the ST-3 but is it worth the extra cash.
The wife really likes Blue or maybe the red & so do i on the blue not keen on red but im becoming a sucker for the white for some reason.

Looking for a very good example in the Sheffield area.

Way Hay mid life crisis

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,446 Posts
QUOTE(mmurdoch @ 26 Feb 2010, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi everyone
New to this site and looking at purchasing my 1st ST-2 or ST-3. Is they anything i should look out for when viewing these cars.
What prices should i be paying looking at a 2nd had one. Fancy the ST-3 but is it worth the extra cash.
The wife really likes Blue or maybe the red & so do i on the blue not keen on red but im becoming a sucker for the white for some reason.

Looking for a very good example in the Sheffield area.

Way Hay mid life crisis

hi and welcome to the club mate. main thing to be aware of is the fuel consumption! fords figures are a load of tripe! around town mine averages 18mpg.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(stingy @ 26 Feb 2010, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hi and welcome to the club mate. main thing to be aware of is the fuel consumption! fords figures are a load of tripe! around town mine averages 18mpg.

Oh yes i did hear that they like to drink fuel but hey give n take. Looking at the models ST-2 & 3 whats the diffrence apoart from leather seats and cd player/

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Hiya and
to the
club

For me the biggest decision between the ST2 and the ST3 was the seats. The ST2 are fabric and (majority) seat three people in the back whereas the ST3 is leather but only seats two in the back.

Have a look around the New Members forums as there are some really useful posts about things to look for when buying an ST.

As for prices, check out the for sale section on here and maybe pistonheads and autotrader to get a good idea of what prices are typical at the moment.

p.s. Have you considered Silver, it's a great colour

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,446 Posts
QUOTE(mmurdoch @ 26 Feb 2010, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Oh yes i did hear that they like to drink fuel but hey give n take. Looking at the models ST-2 & 3 whats the diffrence apoart from leather seats and cd player/
think they have reverse sensors also mate. apart from that there is no difference as far as im aware! maybe bluetooth, but would'nt be certain. im sure some of the st3 owners will be along in a while & let you know. as long as your aware of the drink problem they are an brilliant fun car to own. im on my second! bought a bmw after my first
and could'nt wait to get rid of it for another

·
Captain Slow
16,274 Posts
Hello matey and
along to the club. You've got to get a
one, it's the win colour.

Donna's right, most ST2's are three seaters (as are the ST3's) but mines a bit different, I've got the sculpted cloth rear seats making it a two seater

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(stingy @ 26 Feb 2010, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>think they have reverse sensors also mate. apart from that there is no difference as far as im aware! maybe bluetooth, but would'nt be certain. im sure some of the st3 owners will be along in a while & let you know. as long as your aware of the drink problem they are an brilliant fun car to own. im on my second! bought a bmw after my first
and could'nt wait to get rid of it for another

Had BMW's now for nearly 10 years and to be honest im really fed up with them, And lets not mention how they handle in the snow!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(Donna @ 26 Feb 2010, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hiya and
to the
club

For me the biggest decision between the ST2 and the ST3 was the seats. The ST2 are fabric and (majority) seat three people in the back whereas the ST3 is leather but only seats two in the back.

Have a look around the New Members forums as there are some really useful posts about things to look for when buying an ST.

As for prices, check out the for sale section on here and maybe pistonheads and autotrader to get a good idea of what prices are typical at the moment.

p.s. Have you considered Silver, it's a great colour

Hey thanks,
Whats the deal with the seats then 3 seats / 2 seats
Silver is a good colour but its not for me, Drive a silver company car and really need a change

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(PHILJB @ 26 Feb 2010, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Welcome matey, mid life crisis ? whats that ????

35YR OLD, BEEN MARIED NEARLY 10 YEAR,15 YEAR OLD SON, 6 YEAR OLD SON,MORTGAGE & A DOG.
BRING ME A HOT HATCH, BACK TO BOY RACER DAYS BUT NOW WITH STYLE

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
there is an orange ST for sale in sheffield, not sure what dealer i know its not Fraud, but its on a61 penistone road. Its an 08 or 58 facelift.

Orange is the way forward! ask many on here its the fastest colour

now time for me to scarper before the performace blues hit back!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.