Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
just bought my first st , orange 06 plate st-3

milltek exhaust, lowered, upgraded intercooler ,re-map dont know which one ?
baileys dv26, induction kit.

more than happy ive now got the car ive wanted for a year however the problems have started already the car seems to be loosing power and coolant its still under warranty so its back to the garage
thought the problem was sorted last week when it was in and had all the oil cooler hoses and seals replaced but the gremlins are back
has anyone had similar problems ? or does anyone know of someone who has please let me know many thanks scott.
just noticed its leaking oil too and my mate took the oil filler cap off and there is creamy gunk in the cap does this mean head gasket ??

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Hello Scott and welcome to the club and the Scotland South region

I am correct in thinking you are a friend of Stuarts and this is the car he has been trying to get info about on here?

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with the ST,I would advise getting the car totally checked over the gunk in the cap may well be a gasket

If this is the same car Stuart9962 has mentioned and if you dont mind posting your reg plate...you should post up a pic of the car and see if anybody recognises the car.

I hope you can get the car sorted mate

Jimmy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote name='Jimmy' date='17 Jan 2010, 02:30 PM' post='643345']
Hello Scott and welcome to the club and the Scotland South region

I am correct in thinking you are a friend of Stuarts and this is the car he has been trying to get info about on here?

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with the ST,I would advise getting the car totally checked over the gunk in the cap may well be a gasket

If this is the same car Stuart9962 has mentioned and if you dont mind posting your reg plate...you should post up a pic of the car and see if anybody recognises the car.

I hope you can get the car sorted mate

Jimmy
[/quote
hi jimmt yes im stuarts mate and its the same car unfortunately, the only good thing is that the car is under warranty so wont cost me nothing to get fixed

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear you having problems hope you get everything sorted out soon

Sus xx

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
With the car losing power and using water I would be looking at the head gasket or a cracked block as the problem, does the car put out white smoke from the exhaust, this could point more towards a cracked block. Either way I would try and not drive the car and get it to the garage for them to fix it asap.

Oh and welcome to the mad house

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
Hi and welcome to the club. Sorry to hear about your car.
Quite a few engines have suffered from split cylinder liners and I would suspect that's what your problem is. Glad it's under warranty as a new engine is around £4000 from ford.

Hope it's sorted quickly and you can get to enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Welcome to the club! Hope the work all gets sorted soon and you can get into enjoying your ST! It'll be worth the wait.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts