Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so heres the story... i was on the A1 doing 60-70mph when i go to overtake a car, the car hesitated then went! it done this a few times when i lightly accelerated but didnt do it when i floored it to overtake! the car has dreamscience and airfilter done to it so has anyone experienced this "problem" before? cheers

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no the aircon wasnt on. it was fine when i floored it (full turbo boost) but felt like it couldnt make its mind up for 2-3 seconds wether or not to go when i lightly accelerated

·
Registered
264 Posts
I think that I felt something like that on my ST but I don't remember the speed and gear.. in my case air con was on! In my case I remember something like.. go-wait... go-wait... and finally go.. I hope u understand me

·
Dreamscience Flash
2,446 Posts
Funny enough I have seen a few where the down pipe bolts have come very loose and some have even fallen out, this causes problems with the primary lambda sensor and causes a hicup when accelerating. Just a thought, jack the car up, remove the under tray and shine a torch at the down pipe and see if all the bolts are there.

Very strange the ST225, the down pipe bolts either sieze tight or they fall out?

All the best

[email protected]

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no bangs or strange noises it just couldnt decide! it did what subiaur described with the go-wait, go-wait, go symptoms. it didnt do it tonight on a 15 mile trip at 60mph

·
Registered
916 Posts
Mine has been doing it also for a year now. Fitted maf sensor + plugs and still the same. Mine is worse with the DS map off. My mates M3 was doing the same thing and BM fitted a accelerator pedal and sorted. Thay said is was to do with the potentiometer in it. I havent tryed one in my ST yet.

·
Registered
124 Posts
How much fuel did you have at the time? It used to do it below 100 miles left in the tank on mine at any point under hard acceleration, however since i had the new engine put in, when i have below 60 or so miles left in the tank i get a small cough at bang on 70 mph in any gear but nothing more. Not sure if there is a sensor that makes it cough then to tell you that you need to fill up?

·
Registered
264 Posts
QUOTE(Dreamscience Flash @ 25 Nov 2009, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Funny enough I have seen a few where the down pipe bolts have come very loose and some have even fallen out, this causes problems with the primary lambda sensor and causes a hicup when accelerating. Just a thought, jack the car up, remove the under tray and shine a torch at the down pipe and see if all the bolts are there.

Very strange the ST225, the down pipe bolts either sieze tight or they fall out?

All the best

[email protected]

Yes it can be one reason... The 3 bolts on my downpipe were loose, and one was almost half way out.. one symptom is that my car start to do some "blow off" sound when changing gears, mainly 1st to 2nd.. I only listen that sound when driving at low speed and with open windows.. So.. if you listen something like that check downpipe bolts.

So hesitation can be Spark Plugs, MAF Sensor, loose downpipe bolts, A/C.. or other not know issue.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts