Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 Focus ST.

Here's one for you - I think, that when I double press the lock button on the fob - ( & engage the deadlock - the indicators flash - showing the alarm is armed ) it's draining my battery within 3-4 days.

If I just press the lock / keyfob the once - the car locks the once - and the drain doesn't seem to happen.

However, with it deadlocked / armed, my battery drains - even though with an AMP clamp on battery - it shows no drain / no draw.

So, it's either the Alarm / Central locking 'deadlock' feature that's causing the problem....

If it's the deadlock feature- that causing the problem surely I should be hearing the latch motor / actuators- clicking all the time ??

If it's the alarm, that's draining the battery - there's no actual fuse, that I can pull to disable the alarm ? Where / how can I disable it - because naturally they dont do a direct feed to the battery / GEM - for obvious reasons.

Is the alarm control module - along the steering column.

I spotted the Central Locking Unit - control box, is bolted to bodywork - behind the boot liner. Could a rogue voltage going into it....be the cause ?

Also where is the BCM located ? ( Body Control Module ).

Any ideas - if it is the 'deadlock' at fault - where can I troubleshoot etc ?

Regards

Ian

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
If I were you Id try to isolate each central locking motor (including the tailgate) one at a time by unplugging it or something, then try double locking and seeing if the battery drains or not. You might find that a certain lock motor when unplugged means you dont get battery drain.

I also think its quite possible that you could have a door lock motor that is continually actuating but inaudible.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

The BCM is the GEM ,fuse box passenger footwell . Is it keyless or push button start
Gary - it's push button start. I think you're mistaken about it being the GEM. You'll find the BCM, is the following item, located in the boot - behind the boot liner, on the passenger side..

BCM.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I were you Id try to isolate each central locking motor (including the tailgate) one at a time by unplugging it or something, then try double locking and seeing if the battery drains or not. You might find that a certain lock motor when unplugged means you dont get battery drain.

I also think its quite possible that you could have a door lock motor that is continually actuating but inaudible.
Hi Teflonbilly - thanks for the heads up on it possibly being a door lock motor that;s always actuating but is inaudible - I never thought of that !!!

I dont fancy - panel off the doors though to unplug the locks - However - as a test could I just pull Fuses 133 + 134 ??

I don't see a Fuse Number, for the tail gate lock though ??? hmmmm. ( It's a 2008 3-door ST ). Any ideas on the fuse for the rear tailgate motor ?

133+134.jpg

Regards

Ian

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Are the lights in the boot and glove box turning off, you can find out by putting your phone on video and shutting it in, then you will see if the lights turn off when you close them.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Hi

Gary - it's push button start. I think you're mistaken about it being the GEM. You'll find the BCM, is the following item, located in the boot - behind the boot liner, on the passenger side..

attachicon.gif
BCM.jpg
The one in the boot is the KVM ,the BCM or GEM is definitely the fuse box passenger footwell . The door locks are motors and not solenoids so if one was active after locking you would hear it , put your ear to door after locking and dead lock and have a listen see if you can hear anything .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts