Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Over the past few weeks my car has thrown up the " ESP system fault " on my dash , last time checked all my tire pressures and adjusted where needed that sorted it .. Last night I got the message after the abs kicked in a few times due to the snow .. I left the car overnight thinking it would reset , which it has in the past ?!?
Got up this morning and it's still on along with the engine management light ( haven't noticed that lit before ?)
car drives ok but is there anything else I need to check ??
The car has just been parked up and won't move again until late tm ( I'm on my way to london for a meeting )

hopefully this is a quick fix

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
hope its not your abs module! think these are very expensive! try pulling the kam fuse for 30mins to clear the fault memory mate. its no26 under the bonnet.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate will try that tm , will I need to reinstall dsci ??
Anything else I can check ?

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
QUOTE(focus149 @ 4 Feb 2010, 07:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks mate will try that tm , will I need to reinstall dsci ??
Anything else I can check ?
no mate. you should'nt need to touch dsci. my car is remapped and i've done it in the past, with no probs. cant think of anything else unless you do a self test. hold the reset button on the trip stalk, keep holding it and turn the ignition on, just untill the dash lights come on. toggle through the menu & see if there is any fault codes/dtc's. if there is im sure someone on here will be able to tell you what they mean. hope you get it sorted mate.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
If you have a dreamscience handset plug it in and read the fault codes, might help narrow the fault down a bit.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have dsci so will try plug my laptop in and see what the fault code reader says .. Hopefully nothing fingers crossed

·
Vendor
2,676 Posts
Check your car for fault codes - I suspect that your MAF sensor might be on its way out.

You can always drop your car down to us and we can check it out for you.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Took the kam out for 30mins and now it's gone .. Will see how it goes over the next few days .. Hopefully it won't come back ?? But if it does I will plug my laptop in and see what it says

1 - 10 of 10 Posts