Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I was out in my ST earlier and drove over a sleeping policeman and there was a thud from the back end.
When I got to where I was going I got on my hands and knees and found this.

Luckily it’s going in to the garage tomorrow for a service anyway.
anyone any ideas how much I’m going to get hit in the pocket for for this?

·
Premium Member
MK3
89 Posts
It's only the rear Anti-Roll Bar drop link. You can purchase super over engineered replacements such as the Whiteline items I fitted to mine for £112.99 per pair. They're a doddle to fit for any home mechanic / DIY'er. It's possible to swap the pair out in approx. 1 hour.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's only the rear Anti-Roll Bar drop link. You can purchase super over engineered replacements such as the Whiteline items I fitted to mine for £112.99 per pair. They're a doddle to fit for any home mechanic / DIY'er. It's possible to swap the pair out in approx. 1 hour.

View attachment 903403
That’s fantastic news I was hoping it was going to be a cheap relatively easy fix but I never have much luck. I’ll definitely get the other side changed at the same time.
Thank you for the reply 👍

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update.....It went in today......£850 later its back home!!

Service
Engine Flush
Rear Drop Link
Rear Brake Pads
Front suspension Spring
New Brake Fluid

She best behave herself now!

·
Premium Member
Nick - Mk3.5 FL ST3 Moondust Silver
5,699 Posts
Did they do the one ARB link or both as if one went the other won't be in any much better condition? I would always recommend doing both at once? Whiteline or Hardrace are the best way to go & are both pretty much fit & forget about items!

·
Premium Member
Tangerine Scream ST3 2013, with some stuff done.
1,521 Posts

Service
Engine Flush
Rear Drop Link
Rear Brake Pads
Front suspension Spring
New Brake Fluid

Right there is the very reason I would never take my car to a garage, £850 for less than £200 job and that’s with genuine parts, please tell me they replaced both front springs and not just one, as this will really upset the balance and could even be dangerous.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts

Service
Engine Flush
Rear Drop Link
Rear Brake Pads
Front suspension Spring
New Brake Fluid

OUCH, running the prices off the top of my head thats around 150 in parts and really easy jobs. Litterally id of done the lot for you for half the price in a heart beat. That price is ridiculous.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts