Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night my oil filter diaphgragm has gave the dredded noise ....ive got one day before I get my boat back to England

if i can find a dealer with this in stock tomorrow i need a quick fix.....I have been advised I can replace the top cap of the housing only has anyone replaced just the cap before and if so does it just pop off with the help of a screwdriver?

Cheers

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
I have replaced just the top of the housing mate.

The cap just pops off the new one no problem. The one on the car will come off eventually in a few pieces.

swap the new one on and bobs your uncle.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
Failing that I think you can leave the breather pipe disconnected to relieve the pressure which makes the car driveable? I'll need somebody to back that up!

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
Failing that I think you can leave the breather pipe disconnected to relieve the pressure which makes the car driveable? I'll need somebody to back that up!
you could indeed Sean.
remove the top breather pipe from the housing to relieve the pressure and drive off boost.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have replaced just the top of the housing mate.

The cap just pops off the new one no problem. The one on the car will come off eventually in a few pieces.

swap the new one on and bobs your uncle.
Did you do all of this from the top of the engine as I have no jack and limited tools?

I've removed the standard air box and it looks tough enough to get that black capped section off!!

I've got engine management light on and oil warning too

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
Did you do all of this from the top of the engine as I have no jack and limited tools?

I've removed the standard air box and it looks tough enough to get that black capped section off!!

I've got engine management light on and oil warning too
I did it from the top with a pair of pliers mate

its going straight to the bin anyway.

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Strange that you have the Oil light and management light on as this didn't happen when mine went, normally its just the dreaded noise you get

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The round section is the oil filter.
The diaphragm is in the bit on the left.
Yeah I know that's the oil filter

There is a round section just behind the oil filter ....is that the part I pop of or the full L shape section with the sensor and that??

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
Cheers Stevie
Now to find a dealer with this in stock tomorrow
I know mate

I wish you luck buddy.
I'd also have a look at the camshaft oil seals. its possible they have blown due to the pressure and thats why you have an oil warning light

I never had any lights when mine went just the dreaded squeal.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Don't forget you can get it from Ford or Volvo.
Will be looking for a Volvo one preferably and it's apparently the cheaper of the two!
There is only one of each dealer in the town I'm staying in in Ireland so could be hard to get a hold of within my timescale!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Volvo is alot cheaper aswell mate, get the breather pipe also as ive heard that can split when changing.

Will be looking for a Volvo one preferably and it's apparently the cheaper of the two!
There is only one of each dealer in the town I'm staying in in Ireland so could be hard to get a hold of within my timescale!
You beat me to it lol.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know mate

I wish you luck buddy.
I'd also have a look at the camshaft oil seals. its possible they have blown due to the pressure and thats why you have an oil warning light

I never had any lights when mine went just the dreaded squeal.
Yeah gonna have to make do with getting the car back home in the best possible shape with minimal effort as I don't have the time or tools here
Will have to get a few gallons of oil for the drive home! FML

1 - 20 of 44 Posts