Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says Ive just scratched the back of my week old 3GS, Must have had keys in my pocket!! its pretty deep and about 3mm long. Ive tried T Cut which has helped. anyone else scratched thiers? any suggestions?..........Gutted!.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
QUOTE(rottweilermick @ 10 Dec 2009, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As the title says Ive just scratched the back of my week old 3GS, Must have had keys in my pocket!! its pretty deep and about 3mm long. Ive tried T Cut which has helped. anyone else scratched thiers? any suggestions?..........Gutted!.

My screen has been cracked in the corner for months , does no affect the phone , o2 will replace @ £150.00 . it's only a phone

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Give it a month or two and it will be covered, the casing scratches so easy I wouldn't even worry about.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I've got a case on mine. The case is battered from all the times I've dropped it but there is not a mark on the phone itself!

·
Registered
198 Posts
If you don't mind having to remove it from a slip case each time you want to use it, the Exspect leather case has kept mine looking top notch..

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Don't see the point of having a slim phone then putting a whopping case on it!!

I bought a leather case for mine but hated having to remove the phone to use it so I binned it and got the scratch proof Zagg invisible shield, £13 from eBay. Still scratch free after nearly a year and makes the phone grippier as well keeping the nice slim form of the phone.

edit: doug beat me to it.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
QUOTE(Mark83 @ 16 Dec 2009, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>+1.

And T-Cut'ing a phone, seriously? That's right up there with the guy that detailed his Dyson.

Yet some people value it like a style accessory and I'm sure they would do everything to keep it in tip top shape.
But yes T-cut is a bit OTT!

·
Registered
280 Posts
QUOTE(rottweilermick @ 10 Dec 2009, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah be looking tonight, not sure which ones are best, any suggestions?

Mick glad you have joined us in the 21st centuary, but you are a clumsy
. who gets lost on the A1.

i have a thin jell back on mine with a union jack on, you can get them with your own pictures on if you wish. my white iphone back started looking red ish after a couple of weeks so it was time for a cover.

very thin as well mate

·
Registered
261 Posts
QUOTE(dougytaylor @ 16 Dec 2009, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i use this on my i phone gr8 stuff
http://www.iworld.co.uk/p/invisibleSHIELD_...n_Protector.htm

+1!!!

Trust me guys. Had this on all my iPhones and it is the best thing out there. So thin so you dont have to bulk it up and if i could cover my car in this stuff i would think about it! Its same stuff they coat helicopter blades with and if anything gets through that to scratch your phone then you've obviously fell off a building or been hit by a bus so i guess that would be the last thing to worry about!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cheers for the suggestions guys the Invisible shield looks like the way forward, Yeah T cutting the phone is a bit too far
, I just like to look after things and I was still in contract when I bought it so I paid the full price for the handset. On the plus side there is a guy where my missus works who runs a small Ebay shop in his spare time says he will replace screens for £45 Bargain!!! so might just wait while I get more scratches and just replace the screen as and when.

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/empire_accessories/

1 - 19 of 19 Posts