Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Hi all

I've got a 3 door ST2, and the passenger seat always used to go all the way forward and all the way back.

It has now decided that it won't go all the way back and seems to have a 'memory' like the drivers side seat does.

Trouble is, it is too far forward and I want to move it back further but can't.

I've tried a search (+passenger+seat+stuck) but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Is anyone either able to tell me how I can get it to move right back again, or suggest the words I need to use for the search

Thanks very much in advance

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Donna have you tried lifting the release handle to tilt the seatback forwards then sliding the whole seat base backwards?

I usually have to hold the seat back in it's forwards position and push on the seat base while I do this cos the 'memory' set-up is very rubbish.

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(troy45 @ 7 Feb 2010, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Donna have you tried lifting the release handle to tilt the seatback forwards then sliding the whole seat base backwards?

I usually have to hold the seat back in it's forwards position and push on the seat base while I do this cos the 'memory' set-up is very rubbish.

Thanks for your reply Troy, I have tried that and it goes forward fine but still only comes part of the way back.

I really don't get how it can always have worked fine and now decided to not work

·
Premium Member
Graham - mk2 stage 3
5,381 Posts
Check that there is not a bolt that has worked loose obstructing the runner. I don't know about the Focus, but most car seats are secured with four bolts - two on each side - one at the front and one at the back.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
When I got mine back from the accident repair shop my seat wouldn't lock in position. Turns out the seat was one click further back on one side to the other. Had to take the seat out and refit

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(Simo @ 8 Feb 2010, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>When I got mine back from the accident repair shop my seat wouldn't lock in position. Turns out the seat was one click further back on one side to the other. Had to take the seat out and refit

Now that's interesting. I very nearly wrote in my first post that it felt somehow lopsided, but couldn't think of the right words to describe it
I shall have another play tomorrow (and check the bolts - thanks dabhand16) and if is still seems out, will maybe have to take it the garage.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your replies guys

The one thing I hadn't tried was actually sitting in the seat whilst trying to move it back, and guess what, this has fixed it
I do like a story with a happy ending

·
Premium Member
Graham - mk2 stage 3
5,381 Posts
Good to hear that - and something we can all take note of.

Maybe a few drops of oil or a smear of grease on the runners might not go amiss and will prevent this happening again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.