Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Hey guys
Fitted my Forge DV & fitting kit (so i can retain the symposer) at weekend.
Fitting went fine, apart from dropping one of the two bolts that hold the cam belt cover on, behind the engine bay somewhere......
Im really happy with the how the cars performing and all the noises im getting..... apart from one noise.
Sounds like a squeal or slip of a belt and its heard towards the end of my accelerating, just before I let off. Doesn't matter where in the rev range, but usually just before the DV produces the pshhhhh.

Ive checked all the pipes are tight.

Ive checked that the t-piece and silicone pipe isnt anywhere near the cam belt,

Before i fitted it all, i opened up the DV to give it a clean as it was used a while back. I may have cleared away too much of the grease that was lining the sidewall of the piston, but i doubt that could be it...

Any other suggestions? Could the screw/bolt have fallen into a BAD place in the engine?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Funny you should say that...

I dropped one of those last night too..... but found it, had to borrow a small childs arm and shove it in there to retrieve it.....

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Should buy one of those magnets on a small telescopic pole.

Saying that, so should I then maybe I wouldn't have lost a piece of my socket set to the undertray never to be found again... It's like the gateway to Narnia down there

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Took the DV off and set it all back to standard and the cars fine now.... no funny noises
Gonna have another try this weekend, refitting it all in several stages and checking it in between each stage to see if i can work out what the noise was.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts