Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi peeps,

Last week my alternator gave up which meant my battery died and so the radio was asking for a code. Now I got myself a set of four radio keys so I could remove the stereo. Now all the keys fitted in fine apart from the top right ....I took a few attempts to get the key to lock into position. So I managed to remove the stereo, I then removed the keys and popped the radio back into place. Unfortunately I must have put it back in at an angle as the top two clips have clicked into place but the bottom two have not so the stereo is sticking out at the bottom.

The problem is I can't remove the headunit now
. When I try and put any of the keys in the top right it wont click into place, its just moving in and out freely. Has anyone got any ideas as to how i can remove the stereo so I can put it back in again properly?

Cheers

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(greeny11uk @ 22 Dec 2009, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hiya mate
i had the same problem with my stereo just take it to ford, they only charge 10 pounds and its done within 10mins

Any ideas how they managed to sort it? Don't really want to go to my local dealer as their service is appauling so they will be a last resort.

Cheers

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok guys finally managed to get the stereo out. The top right pin was bent in such a way that it was catching on the inside of the dash. I tried to bend it back into place but it was still catching so in the end I just snapped it off. Annoyingly I managed to scratch the edge of the surround so I may replace that in the future.

Any ideas as to how easy or difficult it is to fit a new surround . I have the old style rectangular single disc player.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
323 Posts
QUOTE(magicone @ 23 Dec 2009, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ok guys finally managed to get the stereo out. The top right pin was bent in such a way that it was catching on the inside of the dash. I tried to bend it back into place but it was still catching so in the end I just snapped it off. Annoyingly I managed to scratch the edge of the surround so I may replace that in the future.

Any ideas as to how easy or difficult it is to fit a new surround . I have the old style rectangular single disc player.

Thanks in advance.

Very easy to replace the surround - you'll have to take the stereo out again, then you'll see 2 screws - remove these and pull the surround towards you (start at a corner and work your way around), there are clips holding it in
5 min job

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(robbyvrs @ 26 Dec 2009, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Very easy to replace the surround - you'll have to take the stereo out again, then you'll see 2 screws - remove these and pull the surround towards you (start at a corner and work your way around), there are clips holding it in
5 min job

Cheers man!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts