Ford Focus ST Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a code of p0365 relating to camshaft sensor bank 1 (b) if am thinking right this will be the rear sensor closest to exhaust side? I am going to swap sensors and rescan with forescan and see if problem changes to bank 1 (a) just to rule out a faulty sensor failing that I have noticed the cables on the plug (rear sensor bank b) are stretched and basically at a 90 degree angle connecting to the sensor, symptoms I seem to have is sometimes ruff on idle like it’s misfiring just sometimes (ps new coils and rs plugs 4 weeks ago) it can have a surge in lower revs when on very light throttle driving along at 30pmh it feels like I’m tapping the throttle on and off, same when pulling away first gear to second gear you somtimes get a we hesitation like it’s bogging out, other than that car is fine and boosts correctly etc, just wondering if anything to do with these stretched wires and the plug, I have searched for a replacement plug and wires same as you can get for the coil packs but a can’t find them 😩 any help would be appreciated only fault code was p0365 thanks guys if the post is in the wrong place can it be moved cheers

·
Registered
CP320
1,899 Posts
It refers to the exhaust sensor. In general, the fault is rarely with the sensor itself and usually the wiring. The fact that the loom has been stretched really badly suggests this. I think you need to work out what is going on, it sounds like a previous owner has done some bad work. You may find once the loom is correctly positioned that the code disappears as it could just be the tension making a bad connection at the sensor plug.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply, the car was fitted with a decat just before a got the car so not sure if it’s anything to do with that either, I’m going to have a close look at the wiring and clean plugs

·
Registered
CP320
1,899 Posts
Thanks for your reply, the car was fitted with a decat just before a got the car so not sure if it’s anything to do with that either, I’m going to have a close look at the wiring and clean plugs
There is a loom that runs to the O2 sensor in the cat (or - decat) that I'm reasonably sure joins the main engine loom around that location so may well be linked. Without seeing it, my guess is that the sensor boss on the decat is located further back towards the rear of the car compared to the original cat, so to make it fit they've bodged it by stretching the whole loom back. Just speculation though.

·
Registered
CP320
1,899 Posts
What you mean? Is there somthing I should be looking out for? has a decat and a cat back system sounds really nice lol
I'm just very suspicious of cars where they have had unnecessary money spent on them shortly before they are sold on, it makes me think that there are bigger problems being hidden.

Another explanation I thought of regarding your problem is that often the original O2 sensor in the cat is destroyed when removing it because it ends up effectively welded in. It's possible the previous owner bought an aftermarket replacement where the wiring wasn't long enough the reach the plug on the loom, so another reason it has been stretched.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi a little update had the car at multiple garages can find what to a problem is one garage told me it was signal on my ecu and paid for a repair and still the same code have a code for breakbooster aswell, I had the loom ontop of the engine changed and all tested prior and that made no diff aswell really annoying the life out me now that no 1 car find out what’s causing this awell looks like time to sell

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.