Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been offered a 07 st3 in blue 20k miles with 6 months tax and warranty until march 2011,just serviced and m.o.t, for my car which is 07 fiesta st 37k, fsh and £6180. I really want one of these cars just wondered if I am paying to much? can anybody advise me.

thanks

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Impossible to say, it sounds like their car is up for 11k, and they've given 5k for yours. Which doesn't sound too bad.

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
Nice to see a "balance to change" figure quoted for once.

No idea on current prices though, so I'll leave it to others to advise whether the deal is good or not.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(Scully @ 18 Jan 2010, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Impossible to say, it sounds like their car is up for 11k, and they've given 5k for yours. Which doesn't sound too bad.they are giving £6250 for mine and the car is up for £12100 so its about £350 extra for warranty and taxalso can people who own a car this age or older give me any advice on how realiable the car is?

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
QUOTE(john_1988 @ 18 Jan 2010, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>they are giving £6250 for mine and the car is up for £12100 so its about £350 extra for warranty and taxalso can people who own a car this age or older give me any advice on how realiable the car is?

Every car is different, no one can comment on the reliability of an individual car. If the service history is complete and the warranty you are being offered in comprehensive then that should not be an issue.

If you wish to view the faults and issues that are generic to the ST, they are available here:

http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/Technical-...oblems-f23.html

·
Registered
592 Posts
Doesnt sound like a bad deal, I paid £11984 for my 06 ST3, 17k miles FSH and that was in June, but I am unsure on current prices.

ST seems fairly reliable although the alternator fails after 3years and always seems to be just outside of warrenty, not a big job about £400 max I thnk to get done, mine was £300 fitted when it went but didnt go to a dealer.

Take it for a good drive and you will love it....

Hope this helps.....

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mines an 07 plate in blue had no problems so far (touch wood), and mine has done just over 28k. I've only owned it 6 months (and done 4200 miles) so prob not best to comment but its been good to me so far.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Have you done any bartering with them or are you just going to pay what was on the price tag? If you haven't already bartered it down, then I'd suggest you go back and offer to pay them your Fiesta and £5500 (or £5250 if you are feeling brave!). There is always some flex in the price. We paid £11,300 in August for a 56 plate ST-3 with 19k on the clock - down from £13k after bartering.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Go for it mate, it sounds like a fair cost to change.

I'd go for one last push though, ''If you can include the GAP insurance i'll take it''

Lawwa, I recokon they've given an awsome shout on the PX - But, like you say, don't ask - dont get.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(Scully @ 18 Jan 2010, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Go for it mate, it sounds like a fair cost to change.

I'd go for one last push though, ''If you can include the GAP insurance i'll take it''

Lawwa, I recokon they've given an awsome shout on the PX - But, like you say, don't ask - dont get.

to be fair the price they are asking for the car aint bad so its hard to get anything off, I was looking at this dealer before and it was good price then to. I think I will push for a years tax and they have a deal, mainly due to the warranty. peace of mind

·
Registered
10 Posts
Whether it helps or not, I've been negotiating some deals recently and I seem to be getting most dealers offering 07 plate ST3's with 22k on the clock for around £12k. I've seen a few good deals on 06 plate ST3's with 30k for around £10.5k. This seems to be the sort of average I've been getting on straight cash deals and I imagine there may be some more flexibility in those prices - or if not, at least incentives of road tax / tank of fuel etc. I'm just waiting for the right car to be available!

And then to barter some more...!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(Anatonic @ 18 Jan 2010, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Whether it helps or not, I've been negotiating some deals recently and I seem to be getting most dealers offering 07 plate ST3's with 22k on the clock for around £12k. I've seen a few good deals on 06 plate ST3's with 30k for around £10.5k. This seems to be the sort of average I've been getting on straight cash deals and I imagine there may be some more flexibility in those prices - or if not, at least incentives of road tax / tank of fuel etc. I'm just waiting for the right car to be available!

i am trying to wait but I just want the car now. to be honest I am happy with that, saves me having to sell my car

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(Anatonic @ 18 Jan 2010, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Whether it helps or not, I've been negotiating some deals recently and I seem to be getting most dealers offering 07 plate ST3's with 22k on the clock for around £12k. I've seen a few good deals on 06 plate ST3's with 30k for around £10.5k. This seems to be the sort of average I've been getting on straight cash deals and I imagine there may be some more flexibility in those prices - or if not, at least incentives of road tax / tank of fuel etc. I'm just waiting for the right car to be available!

i am trying to wait but I just want the car now. to be honest I am happy with that, saves me having to sell my car

·
Registered
11 Posts
I pick my ST2 2006 (35k) on friday and I paid £9800 and part exchanged my mini cooper s (2002) which was in mint condition and they gave me £5100 for the mini and the rest was paid in cash. They also throw in a years ford gold warranty,Tax and a free service and to my suprise I didnt need to haggle much. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dealer called said car is a no go as it has a scuff on a wheel and scuff on wing and not a good history. I have made it very clear I want a fairly low mileage, good example st3, so the hunt goes on
what should I put my car up for privetly, I was thinking £7000ono. 2007 (07) blue, 37kmiles, reflex pack, mint car, inside and out, FFSH. standard other than anthracite sprayed wheels, which are also mint cond. serviced december, taxed until AUG10. fair?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Sorry for the delay, I now have the valuation software to hand.

January CAP. (Currant auction prices)
2007 07 FIE ST 38,000 MILES
Clean £6075
Average £5700
Below Average £5200

Reatil £8075

So, you should be safe with a private sale at £7000

And back to the car you were looking at,
CAP retail is £13825
(With average trade in price of £11100)

Lets say your car has a trade value to them of £5700,

Their car at retail money £13825
Road tax £120
Warranty £350
Total £14295

Minus the actual value of your old car £5700

Balance due £8595

Balance to change they quoted you was £6180

Meaning the deal was £2415 in your favour. I'd go and snap their hand off if i was you,

Even if they paid £11,000 for the car, and were selling it at £11500
Road tax £120
Warranty £350
Total £11970
Minus the actual value of your old car £5700
Balance due £6270

- By buying the new car at £500 over trade price, you are still £90 better off.

I say DEAL DEAL DEAL

·
Registered
603 Posts
I traded at a Ford main dealer my Fiesta Zetec S TDCi 2007 Sea Grey with 19k 2 previous owners FFSH, Tech pack, reflex pack, leather, privicy glass, parking sensors & sunroof + £3k for a 56-reg Sea Grey ST2, duel climate, 29K, one previous owner and FFSH.
Best deal I've done for a long time seeing as I bought the Fez in Jan 09 for 7K. Just goes to show there are deals to be had out there.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
just looked at a red st3, been offered my car plus £5200, includes 1yrs tax, 19months ford warranty. car is 07 plate 25k. problems with it were, drivers seat worn from getting in/out, back of arm rest damaged, noise coming from back seat, noise coming from back wheel (passenger side), side skirt slighty coming off, and two very worn tyres.

The dealer has said he will put two new tyres on (hancook), replace arm rest, get side skirt completly re fitted and get the seat touched up by their interior guy.

as for noises, the blocke who identifies noises thinks the one from behind seat is the seat belt mechanism, which they will replace, and the wheel noise coming from the worn tyre could be buckled.

the reg is ET07HTO, sound familiar to anyone on here? only onne owner from new.

the dealer is getting this done so I can view again.

what do you think? can you get the recaros re trimmed?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts