Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
We have just got ourselves a posh new mac ! My iPhone songs pictures etc is on a broken lap top , so what I want to do is transfer all my iPhone stuff to the main mac from my iPhone ,The apple chappie says I can do this , but being the duffer I am I can't suss out how to do it . I also need to put 3 seperate iTunes users on the mac . Please help

·
Registered
84 Posts
QUOTE(webbyst @ 11 Feb 2010, 05:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We have just got ourselves a posh new mac ! My iPhone songs pictures etc is on a broken lap top , so what I want to do is transfer all my iPhone stuff to the main mac from my iPhone ,The apple chappie says I can do this , but being the duffer I am I can't suss out how to do it . I also need to put 3 seperate iTunes users on the mac . Please help

in not sure how to operate macs as i havent used one bar store demos. but as long as your laptop harddrive is ok-you will be able to get what i think is called and ide-to-usb cable off ebay for fairly cheap. if not an hard drive casing should do-just make sure they are for 2.5" hard drives! Remove the hard drive from your broken laptop and
once you have that it should just be a matter of connecting to your mac using the cable and transfering files like you would normally would

hope this helps

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Hi we have just done the same thing only it wasnt a laptop it was a pc which was blue screening all the time when we bought the mac we bought the one to one lessons and the apple store transfered everything from the pc to the mac and set up the two itunes accounts for both users it cost £79 at the time but as I'm not the best with a pc i think it was money well spent as we now get help from apple genius when we want to do anything on the mac.
hope this helps

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
thanks for the replies , what i want cant be done according to the apple helpline , seems i will have to somehow access my conked out laptop's hard-drive to retrieve my itunes , still, must say i'm enjoying the mac

·
Registered
84 Posts
QUOTE(webbyst @ 12 Feb 2010, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>thanks for the replies , what i want cant be done according to the apple helpline , seems i will have to somehow access my conked out laptop's hard-drive to retrieve my itunes , still, must say i'm enjoying the mac

as I said before-remove the harddrive from the laptop, connect to the mac with the IDE cable and it will work like a big memory stick:)

apple has trouble with the ntfs file system and I think you can only read from the harddrive but I think that's all you want!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts