Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again. right quick 1 well i hope it is.

just in contact with a dealer (Non Ford) he is telling me an 07 plate ST-3 is a face lift.

According to him from 07 thre was a few slight changes to the ST then from 08 there was the major changes? is this correct i thought there was only 2 modles 06-08 08-current?

help me out here please. even if its just hes full of s*** to what exactly the differences are from 06 to 07 cause i already know the differances from 08 onwards.

thanks again.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeh been rapidly looking through autotrader the only difference i could find was the front head light as mentioned chrome to black.

he rekons there is a slight change to the inside of the car (dash area) and also slightly more powerfull engine??? hmmm over exageration comes to mind.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
07 was the start of seeing new 2nd gen sony stereo (rounded one) and the dash would be lit a different colour (red not green). As above the headlights have changed, i think it was just odd changes like that.

Would have been no 'powerful' engine changes, its been said that 08 onwards may be slightly stronger (not more powerful).

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
hes giving you some sales talk matey ...only differance is headlights changed to black bezzels ,all radios etc etc are just dealer fitted options .
id stay away from the guy as if his willing to decieve you with this then what else is he willing to decieve you with ??
07 model is NOT a facelift .

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
on another note, is'nt it the 07 models that are known to suffer from dodgy clutches? maybe not all of them, but definatley something to check out, especially if you plan a remap.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers think ill take the advice even though it looks and sounds like the perfect match!! but your right if hes willing to over exagerate on little things like that there could be a whole host of bigger problems further down the line.

thanks for the fast responce.

·
Super Moderator
MK3 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
8,494 Posts
The dealer is right they did small changes for 07 black headlights,different colour dash bulbs and the stereo design was changed by Ford it was not a dealer change good luck with the purchase

1 - 9 of 9 Posts