Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

Registered
CP320
I've just read this thread through again, and I couldn't see where you said what brand the driveshafts are? If replacing with anything other than a Ford / Volvo part it's difficult to say whether it's cured the problem or not because some aftermarket driveshafts are known to vibrate even when brand new.

Also you mentioned the lower arm bush being replaced with a poly? If it's only been done on one side you will want to other side done too because that will induce handling issues due to varying level of compliance under steering and braking.

Registered
Alan St500
I've just read this thread through again, and I couldn't see where you said what brand the driveshafts are? If replacing with anything other than a Ford / Volvo part it's difficult to say whether it's cured the problem or not because some aftermarket driveshafts are known to vibrate even when brand new.

Also you mentioned the lower arm bush being replaced with a poly? If it's only been done on one side you will want to other side done too because that will induce handling issues due to varying level of compliance under steering and braking.
adding to this I鈥檓 assuming a new bolt was used? I was given a mk1 focus estate with a massive wobble on the passenger side a new bolt (well a nut actually) and a loads of thread lock and the wobble went 馃憣

21 - 23 of 23 Posts