Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a quite awesome but cheap tripod, has all the turning handles for height adjustment etc and it nicely made but quite a cheap unbranded one.

I lost the adapter that clips into the top, it's a type that screws into the bottom of the camera and then clips into the tripod. It has a tapered edge so it slots into the tripod.

Below is a pic, must be a standard fitment, any help finding one and what they are called?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Graham - mk2 stage 3
5,230 Posts
First place to go is the maker's web site if there is one. In the event that you can't get a quick release plate for this tripod the best thing to do is to bin the head and buy another one, making sure that spare plates are available as they are handy to keep on other kit such as another body or long lens.

I use the Manfrotto RC2 system and have four plates, one on each of my two main cameras, one on my 80-200 lens and one spare. These are only about £12 each, but the heads that they fit into might be on the dear side for what you want, so check out Jessops, Warehouse Express and Calumet to see if they have the kit you need at a reasonable price.

EDIT: Just realised you said it is unbranded. Forget the web site and just buy another head.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts