No cat on the car

The engine will start but can't rev it

The aa is comeing out so I will update when I know thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Tried cam reset but no joy James.

What happened.....
Travelling steadily up the m6 when 'engine malfunction' flashes and car stutters to a halt. Engine didn't stall but throttle disengages. After 6-7 mins the light goes out and throttle engages again so off I go..
2 miles later and exactly the same happens again. Engine seems very hot and coolant a little low so top it up and wait....hour later still no throttle but engine fires up no problem..
By this time I start to think about getting towed off, New Year's Eve no one available.
No option but to join the AA 130 flamin quid! In the meantime I manage to drive to the nearest slip road without using the throttle and get off the motorway.
2 hours later a local recovery truck turns up on behalf of the AA, nice bloke but hadn't got a Lordy clue what to look for, didn't even have a fault finder. He concluded that he couldn't fix the car so I said ok take us home please, he replied that our £130 joining fee only covered us for 'roadside assistance' and that I'd have to upgrade to 'take me home please' membership for an extra £108.
The wife n kids were getting a bit fidgety by now so I had no choice but to pay... Another couple of hours pass by and darkness falls along with the temperature, so I decide to gather the family up and walk into town in search of food and a bog. This takes about an hour before returning to the car.
The AA text me to say they will be half an hour which was met with whoops of joy! In my merriment I try the car and guess what.....
No problem at all, engine starts fine and throttle engages perfectly!!!

The AA guy turns up, who incidentally is another very nice guy (can't fault them at all). I suggest he follows me home (30 miles) just in case the car plays up again and he's more than happy to do so. We set off with no problem however I haven't got a clue which way to go and after ten minutes pass the spot where we'd just left lol so we decide to swap places. He pulls off and I..........can't move cause the 'engine malfunction' light flashes up again lol.
Half hour later my car is being winched on to the back of his truck. The front splitter scrapes along the ramp and the driver explains that it will probbo rip the splitter off when we 'disembark' ..oh we'll I thought, it's replaceable.
We get home at 10pm and the guy takes a further 25 mins gently moving the car back and forth, lifting and tilting until eventually the car is on my drive splitter intact.
Home sweet home!

Thanks to Richie.t. And mr sheen who both offered assistance, much appreciated guys ta

Still don't know what's up with the car but Pumabuild said they'll pick it up tomorrow for me and investigate, I'll keep you all posted

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Tried cam reset but no joy James.

What happened.....
Travelling steadily up the m6 when 'engine malfunction' flashes and car stutters to a halt. Engine didn't stall but throttle disengages. After 6-7 mins the light goes out and throttle engages again so off I go..
2 miles later and exactly the same happens again. Engine seems very hot and coolant a little low so top it up and wait....hour later still no throttle but engine fires up no problem..
By this time I start to think about getting towed off, New Year's Eve no one available.
No option but to join the AA 130 flamin quid! In the meantime I manage to drive to the nearest slip road without using the throttle and get off the motorway.
2 hours later a local recovery truck turns up on behalf of the AA, nice bloke but hadn't got a Lordy clue what to look for, didn't even have a fault finder. He concluded that he couldn't fix the car so I said ok take us home please, he replied that our £130 joining fee only covered us for 'roadside assistance' and that I'd have to upgrade to 'take me home please' membership for an extra £108.
The wife n kids were getting a bit fidgety by now so I had no choice but to pay... Another couple of hours pass by and darkness falls along with the temperature, so I decide to gather the family up and walk into town in search of food and a bog. This takes about an hour before returning to the car.
The AA text me to say they will be half an hour which was met with whoops of joy! In my merriment I try the car and guess what.....
No problem at all, engine starts fine and throttle engages perfectly!!!

The AA guy turns up, who incidentally is another very nice guy (can't fault them at all). I suggest he follows me home (30 miles) just in case the car plays up again and he's more than happy to do so. We set off with no problem however I haven't got a clue which way to go and after ten minutes pass the spot where we'd just left lol so we decide to swap places. He pulls off and I..........can't move cause the 'engine malfunction' light flashes up again lol.
Half hour later my car is being winched on to the back of his truck. The front splitter scrapes along the ramp and the driver explains that it will probbo rip the splitter off when we 'disembark' ..oh we'll I thought, it's replaceable.
We get home at 10pm and the guy takes a further 25 mins gently moving the car back and forth, lifting and tilting until eventually the car is on my drive splitter intact.
Home sweet home!

Thanks to Richie.t. And mr sheen who both offered assistance, much appreciated guys ta

Still don't know what's up with the car but Pumabuild said they'll pick it up tomorrow for me and investigate, I'll keep you all posted
Bad news buddy
didnt you just have a load of work done at pumabuild ?

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
probably a sensor giving stupid readings so the ECU will protect the engine hence you cant go over 1500rpm

try and disconnect the maf , then a kam reset , it may be that sensor.
pity you cant read any codes.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts