Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By way of a spin off from the Scotland South Knockhill thread, It's lookin like I may have to buy a helmet to fling it round the track.

So, the question is what do you recommend, what you using, and how much and from where?

TIA

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
you can pay anywhere from £50 - £700 for a helmet i have one for my bike cost me £270 and a motorcross one cost £100 and looking at a carbon fibre one but its £450 bit much that for me though.

OH.. get a simpson bandit helmit
what the stig wears lol

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
ive spent £600 a lid before for my bikes ,but realy you want to spend as much as you can as you do get what you pay for with these items in terms of weight ,comfort,style,and most importantly protection,also try a few on as there all differant shapes inside etc etc so i may say to you get an ARAI ,you try one on and its a poor fit for your head shape .
i have one i use for trackdays in my cars and its an open faced one as i prefer this inside a car ,you on the other hand may like a full faced one etc etc .
so as you can see theres loads of variables with this ,best thing to do is go to good dealers and try some on .
also with some decent lids you can purchase differant sized cheek pads etc etc to make the fit exactly how you want it .

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OH.. get a simpson bandit helmit
what the stig wears lol

Would be major tempted if for nothing more than the pose/sillyness factor, tho' I'm thinkin her indoors may have different thoughts

Lookin at demontweeks website you can pay well into the four figures
although I don't think my
has hans securing posts, eh.

gotta be trackday monsters on here that know what's what? eh?

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
Consider how many and who's track days you are going on, as some are now getting very tight and will not allow bike helmets and they may have to be FIA regulated and in date (they have a life span from when manufactured (3 years I recall but may be wrong)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.