Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my names Dave from Manchester. After many months of searching i found a 08 st3 in moondust silver it needed to be a 5 door car aswell. This is the first ford I've owned I've mainly had vws I still have a mk2 I've owned for 15 years. Think I've already got the modding bug as my first purchase for the ST was a bluefin what totally changed the car what next ?? Hope you lads can help me out in the future with any questions I have.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Welcome along Dave. If you are not gonna touch the handling, imho your next mods should be uprated intercooler followed by CAIS. Then further along the line exhaust. As for which make you go for its personal opinion, This board is brilliant in advising peoples experiences of different makes so you can make an informed decision. I found airtec gen 3 was very good value intercooler and I am running the AS CAIS. A lot of people swear by the dreamscience cais though espeiclally if you want a bit more noise. (always bear in mind you will need to set about £800 aside if you clutch starts slipping!!)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome along Dave. If you are not gonna touch the handling, imho your next mods should be uprated intercooler followed by CAIS. Then further along the line exhaust. As for which make you go for its personal opinion, This board is brilliant in advising peoples experiences of different makes so you can make an informed decision. I found airtec gen 3 was very good value intercooler and I am running the AS CAIS. A lot of people swear by the dreamscience cais though espeiclally if you want a bit more noise. (always bear in mind you will need to set about £800 aside if you clutch starts slipping!!)

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Thanks lads. Already looking into intercoolers what do u recommend
Im personally going for the Airtec Gen 3. Although Pumaspeed sell the Roadsport intercooler which many say is the exact same and it is 50 quid cheaper than the airtec. I just like Airtec as I think it will be very good quality

·
Registered
590 Posts
Im personally going for the Airtec Gen 3. Although Pumaspeed sell the Roadsport intercooler which many say is the exact same and it is 50 quid cheaper than the airtec. I just like Airtec as I think it will be very good quality
Build quality is very good and Im really happy with mine. Keep an eye out in group buys and classified sections on this board. The are usually offers going on the Gen 3.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Was just thinking as the intercooler is quite small. Not Really after big power out of it as it is a sort of family car hence the 5doors and I like what your saying about shocks and springs my old golf is on coilovers the focus feels light it needs a set of updated shocks on it

·
Registered
800 Posts
If its family car practicality your after too then i would say an intercooler and a set of bilstien B8 and eibach springs, then leave it as that, nice and quiet for a family car, then once you have dumped the family you can have some fun!

·
Registered
23 Posts
This shoping list is getting longer lol. I'm after an elm device if anyone has one? So I can turn on the auto lock with being a five door and the wife uses the car just don't want some rodent trying his look at the traffic lights. cheers for all the info glad to be part of the club

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,091 Posts
Most people into 'mild' modifying just go for a set of Eibach springs (Pro-kit) which lowers the car around -25mm.

They sharpen the handling and make the car feel more planted with less roll, plus its more stable under heavy braking. The ride is still pretty good and the car looks a lot better too.

Only around £200 fitted.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Id recommend the Roadsport Stage 1 intercooler from Pumaspeed, quality is excellent then load the Stage 2 map using your Bluefin handset which is free as you have the handset.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts