Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 6 months of owning a 1st Generation iPhone and wrapping up my 18 month contract on my iPhone 3G i decided it was time for a change. Went ahead the other day and ordered my Google Nexus one which has just arrived this evening it's my first Android phone and so far I'm very impressed the speech recognition, google goggles and the astounding speed at which the processor works has made my first few hours very pleasant

Just wondered if anyone else on here is enjoying the switch? or any existing Android users can recommend some useful applications

View attachment 37583

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Where from and how much if I might ask..? I'm currently wondering what my next phone will be after my G1 comes off contract. I'm very much a fan of the Android platform and the Nexus seems to be the current pinnacle of the breed..

·
Registered
182 Posts
I alse had an iPhone , then i got a HTC Hero which is an Android phone , and i love it . I may get the Nexus One but i dont see enough differences between other than it has a bigger screen and processor , Enjoy . All manufacturer got together during the week in Barcelona at some phone award , where the HTC Hero won phone of the year , and said they are going to work hard together to improve the market place so it is at the same standard as thr App Store

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Gav @ 18 Feb 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Where from and how much if I might ask..? I'm currently wondering what my next phone will be after my G1 comes off contract. I'm very much a fan of the Android platform and the Nexus seems to be the current pinnacle of the breed..

Hey Gav the phone's are purchased directly from Google at http://www.google.com/phone they are $529 then there is some shipping so i won't lie your talking over £300 then some shipping and possible duty, there is also the need for a uk charger which you can buy on checkout for $20 or just get a cheap one over here .

They come unlocked and i intend to shift from my hefty iPhone contract next week and when you weigh it up against that thing's don't look so bad, hope this is of a little bit of help

·
Registered
252 Posts
sorry but iphone all the way for me, I'm due a upgrade next month and I'll be having another. Life seems too much like hard work with anything else and the reliability of the hardward cant be matched.

I'm a software engineer so I love tinkering with geeky things but the iphone is so slick have lost interest in something that doesnt 'just work'

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
QUOTE(matt.long1978 @ 19 Feb 2010, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey Gav the phone's are purchased directly from Google at http://www.google.com/phone they are $529 then there is some shipping so i won't lie your talking over £300 then some shipping and possible duty, there is also the need for a uk charger which you can buy on checkout for $20 or just get a cheap one over here .

They come unlocked and i intend to shift from my hefty iPhone contract next week and when you weigh it up against that thing's don't look so bad, hope this is of a little bit of help

Interesting. What I'll probably do is get a new phone on contract as an upgrade and then sell that to fund the Nexus. My tarriff won't drop if I don't take the upgrade so might as well get something for the money.

I looked at the iPhone but I can't be doing with (sh)iTunes for loading music etc and the Android platform is really coming on leaps and bounds now.

Can the Nexus charge from a USB socket? If so, my G1's charger will work in it.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(Gav @ 19 Feb 2010, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Interesting. What I'll probably do is get a new phone on contract as an upgrade and then sell that to fund the Nexus. My tarriff won't drop if I don't take the upgrade so might as well get something for the money.

I looked at the iPhone but I can't be doing with (sh)iTunes for loading music etc and the Android platform is really coming on leaps and bounds now.

Can the Nexus charge from a USB socket? If so, my G1's charger will work in it.

Yes it uses a USB to Micro USB connection I assume that's pretty much standard these days for a lot of mobile devices.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts