Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
My heater controll seems to be broke, its just the standard twisty one and its stuck on med/cold so not ideal for this weather! every time i try and turn it i feal a resistance and when i let go of the controll it spins right back to the original position it feals like a spring has gone, will it require a whole new heating controll, or can i just replace the twisty bit?

·
Vendor
2,676 Posts
The Focus, with the manual heater controls, uses cables to connect the heater control to the valve. Could be a sticking cable or sticking valve. It is very unlikely that it is the switch panel

·
Registered
80 Posts
Omg I'm so glad I'm not the only person who has had this problem!

I've been back to Fraud twice within a month with this problem. Next time, I will be DEMANDING a new replacement.

Wolfman is right - the standard twizzly heater controls are operated by a wire to the tizzler (I do love to use techincal terms
) which then affects how much hot/cold air is allowed through the vents. What seems to happen is that this wire on some
's bends into a V shape and creates the affect of being stuck on one temperature setting - normally bloomin freezing!

Its simple to fix.

Just got to take your facia surround off (use a small screwdriver to prize it off from the top, then pull - it "shouldn't" break) and then remove the four screws in each of the corners of the Sony headunit, pulling that out from the locating clips and passing to a kind friend to hold for you as this saves doing anymore unplugging with it, before then seeing this little irritating wire behind where the controls are and simply bending back horizontal
just remember to check that its now feels right when you twizzle it again.

If you are still unsure about doing it, take down to the Fraud Stealership and they can do it in 5 mins easy!

Hope this helps, and remember, you are not alone on this!

Dan

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fixed it!

The cable had come undone and bent, oiled it up and straightened the wire as there was some friction when moving the wire, see attached pics. Took me about 15 minutes very easy.
IMAG0088.jpg
IMAG0090.jpg

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts