Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front heated windscreen hasnt worked for ages now, Ive checked the fuses (no problems) and the rear works fine! Ive not had a problem with heated windscreens on my 3 previous fords and now ford warranty team are throwing a stinker about it saying they need several photos to prove its not working! Disappointed :/ anyone else had problems?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Think Id be rather angry with ford with this ? Not that it broke but the sheer cheek to basically say your trying something on?
Its pretty obvious thing to pick out?
Cold mornings and the heated screen dont do nothing ?? Duh??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Think Id be rather angry with ford with this ? Not that it broke but the sheer cheek to basically say your trying something on?
Its pretty obvious thing to pick out?
Cold mornings and the heated screen dont do nothing ?? Duh??
Yeah Im fuming, its the fact that their warranty team seem really unwilling to sort it out even though theyre happy enough taking my money for the car! Ive basically got to wait for it to be a frosty morning to get a picture for them - both sides not working :mad:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah Im fuming, its the fact that their warranty team seem really unwilling to sort it out even though theyre happy enough taking my money for the car! Ive basically got to wait for it to be a frosty morning to get a picture for them - both sides not working :mad:
Turn ignition off with wipers in motion. Stick a bag of crushed ice on and send them a video on a mild morning.. if it was working, the ice would melt.

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,591 Posts
Why are the warranty team even involved?

You just book your car into your local dealer and say the heated window isn't working.

Once they confirm that is indeed the case, the dealer clears the warranty claim with Ford.

·
Premium Member
Nick - Mk3.5 FL ST3 Moondust Silver
5,699 Posts
Ooh. Ford warranty not wanting to play ball - how unusual...................................NOT!!!

As above though take car back to dealership & start complaining in a louder & louder voice including talking to anyone looking at Mk4's & telling them about the trouble your car is having & that nobody wants to fix it for you.

You will be amazed how quickly you get things sorted!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts