Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm pretty sure they all come with heated door mirrors from what I've read. I have an ST1 and they seem to clear fairly quickly once I have my heated rear windscreen on so I'm convinced. I'm sure I've read/heard it from more than a few sources that they all come with it as standard.

Check on parkers equipment options (usually pretty accurate)

·
Registered
62 Posts
could be a fuse - the manual (or someone on here
)will probably tell you which one.
Might be worth checking / replacing that.

I know my ST3 has heated mirrors: they were gently steaming as I sat at the lights this morning.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Hmmm that is strange. They are definitely fitted to all variants of the ST and pretty much Focus in general. I guess there may be a relay but would have thought it would be linked to the rear window....which you say is working. Do the electric movement work for both?

I guess if you were feeling really brave you could always try removing the glass on one of them to see if power is getting to the heating elements. Alternatively a visit to your dealer is in order.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeh rear window is working fine, i may put a boiling kettle under the mirror so it steams then turn them on. it should clear if working! If not like you say its dealers i'd say. Lets hope she's still under warrenty

cheers

·
Registered
158 Posts
QUOTE(MCST @ 18 Jan 2010, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm pretty sure they all come with heated door mirrors from what I've read. I have an ST1 and they seem to clear fairly quickly once I have my heated rear windscreen on so I'm convinced. I'm sure I've read/heard it from more than a few sources that they all come with it as standard.

QUOTE(andy.brown0 @ 28 Jan 2010, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I didn't know I may have heated mirrors
, i have an 07 ST2 so would that have heated mirrors or is it just the ST3?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
right tonight while out my mirrors were misted up where i'd wiped them so put heaters on a little circle appeared on mirror but got no bigger left it on for journey (around 15mins) then touched them and they were freezing! Could the actual element in mirror be broke as there is voltage there?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.