Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i read somewhere on here you can have the headlights lights come on if you use one of the stalks before locking and leaving the car, and the lights stay on for a minute, is this right, if so which stalk etc? is it part of an upgrade pack or something?
also can you have the lights come on when you unlock the car?? Its a bit dark where i usually park at work and would be nice to light it up to see what im doing, or anyone else for that matter!! I would look in the handbook if i had one.... (im stil hassling the dealer about this!)

cheers all

·
Super Moderator
MK3 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
8,493 Posts
When you stop the car turn off the lights and use the left hand stalk as if you were flashing your lights this keeps them on for 30 secs i think haven't done it for a while but i think this is how it works

·
Registered
379 Posts
i think on the facelift ones you might be able to have them on for a minute when you leave the car but i dont think on any model they will come on if you unlock the car

·
Registered
304 Posts
QUOTE(Orange Man @ 31 Jan 2010, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>When you stop the car turn off the lights and use the left hand stalk as if you were flashing your lights this keeps them on for 30 secs i think haven't done it for a while but i think this is how it works

Sounds like another little gem I need to try. Gotta love the ST!

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
QUOTE(Glenster @ 31 Jan 2010, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i think on the facelift ones you might be able to have them on for a minute when you leave the car but i dont think on any model they will come on if you unlock the car

Glen, that was a good feathure on the Fiesta ST, when you unlock the car the side lights front and rear come on.

Les

·
Registered
603 Posts
I had this on my Fiesta ZS when I unlocked the car the side and rear lights would come on. Haven't seen this on the Focus ST though.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Theyre called 'Follow me home' headlights...on my pre facelift you simply take the ignition key out pull the left hand stalk towards you(like you do to flash your headlights)and the lights will stay on for 30 secs,doesnt matter if the doors are locked or unlocked,pretty pointless if you ask me

HTH

Nick

·
Registered
379 Posts
QUOTE(Les @ 31 Jan 2010, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Glen, that was a good feathure on the Fiesta ST, when you unlock the car the side lights front and rear come on.

Les

that was one of the features i really liked! looked quite posh aswell when done at night in a carpark!

·
Registered
379 Posts
i can confirm the "show me home" lights work - done it tonight! turned lights off took key out and flashed lights and they stay on.

sumin else i didnt know about the ST till today!

·
Registered
93 Posts
i just did it too

me two members of staff and my two security guards all stood at front doors waiting with bated breath for them to switch off on there own

magic eh

1 - 14 of 14 Posts