Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

Does anyone know if there is alternative part that can be used in place of the OEM pump with number BV61-13K082-AA?

There are very few for the 2013 MK3 on eBay and are pretty expensive both new and used. There are others which look the same but have a different number for things like the Galaxy and Kuga which are cheaper.

Cheers.

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,591 Posts
The physical and electrical interface is going to be very specific.

The FINIS number is 1673739 I believe and this is common to some other models (Ford Edge for example).

I don't recall it selling for less than £100 although I've no idea why it's that expensive.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. That was my concern. I'll keep an eye out on eBay. Is this headlight washer part of the MOT? It's due in a couple of months.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I risked getting the 6M21-13K082-AB off eBay that had the FINIS number you mentioned and glad to say it fits and works. Just in case anyone else needs to replace the BV61-13K082-AA part.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No. As soon as I unclipped the hose water started streaming out. I did flush the bottle with warm water though and it was free flowing. To be honest I think the headlight washer may have been broken for ages and never noticed. It's only since the windscreen washer pump stopped working as well that it was noticed.

·
Premium Member
Tangerine Scream ST3 2013, with some stuff done.
1,522 Posts
Another reason not to use screen wash, apart from it not being great for paintwork and been known to damage rubber, it gels in the bottom of the tank, which blocks the strainer, I just use water, it’s much less damaging, after all, screen wash is form of degreaser.

·
Registered
2017 ST-3
11 Posts
I cleaned my screenwash filter with a handful of steradent tablets... Just sucked the water out of the bottle with a vacuum pump, dissolved the tablets in some hot water, poured that into the bottle and operated the washers every half hour or so till it ran strong and clear then sucked all the steradent liquid out and replaced it with fresh fluid.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Another reason not to use screen wash.
I mean during the summer using water is harmless but now we’re heading into the colder months a good mix of screen wash to help prevent the water in the tank freezing might be advisable. Is it necessary to have a strainer filter on the tank? seems a bit pointless if it clogs up what would have normally passed through the pump. Surely cheaper to replace the pump than a whole tank? Not sure

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,591 Posts
Without a strainer you'd end up blocking the pipes and nozzles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts