Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!!!!!!

One of the xenon bulbs on my main beam has gone and I'm having trouble finding a replacement. Went to Halfords who sold me the wrong ones, then to the local car parts place who have the correct bulb but want to charge me £47 for it.

Can someone point me in the right direction on ebay as to which to are best to buy as I don't really want to fork out that sort of cash if I don't really need to with a baby on the way.

All help much appreciated as ever.

Cheers
Jon

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,446 Posts
Are you talking about main or dipped beam?
The main beams are not xenon.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's the D1S bulb or equivalent as I looked up what Liam had said on ebay and its this bulb thats gone

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,446 Posts
Well if it is the (Dipped Beam) Xenon, then that prices doesn't seem at all bad to me.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
If it is the HID the bulb doe snot change between dipped and high bean, a lens in the light unit alters the beam

·
Registered
293 Posts
QUOTE(Dennis @ 6 Feb 2010, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If it is the HID the bulb doe snot change between dipped and high bean, a lens in the light unit alters the beam

that is only the case when it is bi-xeon i think only the facelifts have them.... and a tip if your got getting one exacly the same make and modal as the ford one then prob best to change both as if the colour is slightly diffrent will look a little silly maby its a upgrade get a pair of nice 6000k d1s's i was thinking of doing that i think the ones that are in are 4700k

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
QUOTE(LiamX8 @ 7 Feb 2010, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>that is only the case when it is bi-xeon i think only the facelifts have them.... and a tip if your got getting one exacly the same make and modal as the ford one then prob best to change both as if the colour is slightly diffrent will look a little silly maby its a upgrade get a pair of nice 6000k d1s's i was thinking of doing that i think the ones that are in are 4700k

Pre facelifts have bi xenons

1 - 11 of 11 Posts