Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Formerly known as wabbit1
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I know that it's a legal requirement under some "EU" law to have the HID lamp washer jets connected to the windscreen washer, but I'm hoping that someone knows how to disable it as I'm fed up with the mess it makes all over the bonnet and bumper on my car
everytime I need to skoosh my window clean.

Thanks
(And I won't tell anyone where I found out
)

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
Hi guys,

I know that it's a legal requirement under some "EU" law to have the HID lamp washer jets connected to the windscreen washer, but I'm hoping that someone knows how to disable it as I'm fed up with the mess it makes all over the bonnet and bumper on my car
everytime I need to skoosh my window clean.

Thanks
(And I won't tell anyone where I found out
)
hi mate. mine used to do my head in to! supposed to only work every fourth skoosh but mine went all the time

fuse box under the bonnet just in front of the battery. just take the fuse out. thats what i did with mine.
not sure what number it is but underneath the lid is a diagram with a little piccie.
there is also a red fuse puller & a place to store the fuse when you take it out.
job done, no more soaked bonnet & bumper.

·
Formerly known as wabbit1
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi mate. mine used to do my head in to! supposed to only work every fourth skoosh but mine went all the time

fuse box under the bonnet just in front of the battery. just take the fuse out. thats what i did with mine.
not sure what number it is but underneath the lid is a diagram with a little piccie.
there is also a red fuse puller & a place to store the fuse when you take it out.
Will give that a try matey, cheers

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
55 plate cars built up till Dec 2005 had the headlamp washers operating every time but after that they went to 1 in 4 hits of the screenwash or every 10 minutes.

Depending on the circumstances if i don't want the headlight washers to work I'll temporarily switch main beam to sidelights only, hit the screenwash then headlights back on.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
55 plate cars built up till Dec 2005 had the headlamp washers operating every time but after that they went to 1 in 4 hits of the screenwash or every 10 minutes.

Depending on the circumstances if i don't want the headlight washers to work I'll temporarily switch main beam to sidelights only, hit the screenwash then headlights back on.
+1

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
+1

That's generally my method of fixing the problem!

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,446 Posts
I've been tempted to switch the light off before cleaning the windscreen but never actually bothered.
Removing a fuse seems a good idea as I'm sure that the headlights would not get into a sufficiently bad sate to cause a problem before you had an opportunity to manually clean them.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
mines a nov 2005 ST but i want to be able to de-activate my headlight washers as they activate everytime as said earlier in this thread, is there definatly no way of doing this or what fuse could i pop out to de activate them as im worried about breaking them in this frost :/ lol

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
mines a nov 2005 ST but i want to be able to de-activate my headlight washers as they activate everytime as said earlier in this thread, is there definatly no way of doing this or what fuse could i pop out to de activate them as im worried about breaking them in this frost :/ lol
its in the fuse box in front of the battery Dan.
there is a diagram on the inside of the lid

·
Registered
427 Posts

Good job! I'm going out to do this now. Both mine froze halfway out today, took 30 mins to get them back in fully! Might miss their transformer type appearance though every so often!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts