Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while checkin the oil in my car i noticed the coolant level on minimum so i topped it up it has never dropped before so
i decided to have a look about to see the cause. couldnt see anything obvious so i checked the oil fill cap and found a horrible custard substance which leads me to think water is gettin into my oil
tryed a search on here but found nothing any ideas.car only has 24k on it is this covered by warrenty or does engine run out at 3 years too? any info would be great!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the collant water is spotless also had another searh and found out they are bad for this in the winter and the wife only does short runs in the car so hopfully its not gona be a problem

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
could have cried when i seen it tbh coz av just had fork out a fortune on an esp module 3 weeks ago lol

·
Captain Slow
16,287 Posts
QUOTE(rigwrecker @ 11 Feb 2010, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the collant water is spotless also had another searh and found out they are bad for this in the winter and the wife only does short runs in the car so hopfully its not gona be a problem

Don't panic matey, see this link, should put your mind to rest ----> LINKY <----

·
Captain Slow
16,287 Posts
QUOTE(rigwrecker @ 11 Feb 2010, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>wife takin it on a 240 mile round trip tomorow so will check it when she comes back on saturday

Wash your mouth out with soap and water dear boy ...................................... did you just say "wife" and "240 mile round trip" in the same sentence, shame on you
can't she walk and you get to go for a drive
. My wife has driven my car once in three years

·
Vendor
2,676 Posts
The sudden loss of water is very unusual on a ST - When we are servicing the cars we find that the water rarely drops - you will have to keep an eye on it.

When you start the car has it miss-fire for a brief moment?

You can ring me on 0161 406 9797 if you need and more advice

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
It may be worth getting it checked out? Mine is really only used at weekends now, had it since nov 05, 25k miles and never had to top up the coolant.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
its hasnt misfired and seems to be running fine will check the water and cap on saturday when the wife gets home to make sure fingers crossed its fine! thanks wolfman will give ya a bell if i get into some bother cheers adam.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well wee update wife got car home in 1 piece
and i checked fluids and cap and all seems well no drop at all!! will be keepin an eye in it tho thanks again lads

·
Captain Slow
16,287 Posts
QUOTE(rigwrecker @ 14 Feb 2010, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>well wee update wife got car home in 1 piece
and i checked fluids and cap and all seems well no drop at all!! will be keepin an eye in it tho thanks again lads
Excellent news fella

1 - 15 of 15 Posts