Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Had to do a pretty sharpish stop last night due to some rather fat bint who couldn't see over her own belly and decided to pull out on me.

ABS kicked in as it was wet but my hazards also came on, which ive not seen before!!

Never seen this happen before... How does the car decide what constitutes hard braking and not?

Cheers

·
Registered
681 Posts
Its a common feature on most cars. Either linked to deceleration or ABS, depending on car. Made to warn following cars of sharp braking.

·
Captain Slow
16,275 Posts
This must be a facelift feature as I swear the pre's don't do it. I know that the RS has this feature also.

·
Registered
480 Posts
its a feature getting more common. I've not managed to set it off on my car to see if it has it or not.

my brothers citroen C2 from the same era had the feature, however the brakes on his car were really sharp and the system extremely sensitive, so if you got a bit of a last minute stand on anchors if lights changed or something you'd always set them off. really confuses people behind you!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Managed to scare myself enough to wallop the pedal and make the hazards flash. My girlfriend's KA has the same feature and like the C2 mentioned above it seems far too easy to set them off in that.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I suppose i shouldnt have said that but she annoyed me.
Even after blatantly pulling out on me, when i pulled up next to her she didn't even attempt to apologise.
She showed an absolute disregard to me so why should i show her any?

·
Formerly Azionamento
2,760 Posts
The auto-hazard feature is probably illegal as well...as you're only allowed to put on your hazards when stopping on a motorway. 'Tis a good idea though and the law needs to catch up.

Glad to say I've never triggered mine...but then again I've a pre-facelift so perhaps it's not enabled.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts