Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Have managed to lose track mode! Any help greatly appreciated.

4K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Dangerousdriver77 
#1 ·
I picked up my mark 4 three days ago and it has the performance pack. Really enjoying the car so far and I've been playing around with the various toys. In doing so, I appear to have 'lost' track mode as it no longer shows on the drive mode option. It was there in the dealership (I saw it) so I've obviously pressed some button combination that's turned it off or moved it off the menu. Does anyone have any idea how to get it back (before a sheepish phone call to the dealer). The handbook isn't offering much help.

Many thanks!

#4 ·
Does it still cycle through the other modes?
Yeah, the others are still on there. I've switched on a load of driver aids when I was playing about so I'm wondering if having them on somehow removes track mode. May just turn them off and see what happens. If using track mode means changing everything I've set up each time it'll be a massive pain in the ****.

#8 ·
This sounds like it could be the case...although you would expect the driving mode to override any previously selected option.
Been through the handbook again. I set up a MyKey yesterday (not done this before) and apparently this means that some drive modes can't be used. It's easy enough to clear the key so I'll do this in the morning and see if this sorts it!

#9 ·
Doubt anything in driver aids could turn it off. All of mine are on and its still there. Could be that key thing. Never used it and probably never will. But same for track mode and launch.

I cannot find the car display option on dash that the mk3 had, showed when lights were on doors open etc. Is this something else stripped out?

#10 ·
Been through the handbook again. I set up a MyKey yesterday (not done this before) and apparently this means that some drive modes can't be used. It's easy enough to clear the key so I'll do this in the morning and see if this sorts it!
why have you set up my key? That function polices various settings on the motor for if you where to lend it to your kid etc.

#11 ·
why have you set up my key? That function polices various settings on the motor for if you where to lend it to your kid etc.
I was just playing around with the car and saw the feature, stupidly set it without reading too much about it and you know the rest. I followed the handbook instructions yesterday about clearing the admin key without success. There's supposed to be a drop down box on the MyKey page stating 'Clear MyKey' but it's not there on the menu. If push comes to shove I'll just use this key as the spare and have the other one as my main (which isn't MyKey) registered.

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
Done it! Non-admin key used to clear the MyKey. Many thanks for the help everyone.
Are you absolutely positive about this.....because like KAR said it would seem to totally defeat the purpose of setting it in the first place.

Thinking about it further this would presumably mean that only one MyKey can be set because one key needs to remain as an admin key?

(assuming car is supplied with only 2 keys).

#18 ·
Found this on Ford site....

MyKey Basics
MyKey allows you to program keys with restricted vehicle modes that promote good driving habits. All but one of your keys can be configured in a restricted mode. The keys that remain unprogrammed are referred to as administrator or admin keys. Admin keys can be used to:
Create a MyKey.
Program configurable MyKey settings.
Clear all MyKey features.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.