Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Have I missed something?

469 views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Karl_h 
#1 ·
Right, just been and uploaded BF stage 3 and changed to RS plugs also pulled the KAM fuse while I did it. Fired up but very lumpy feels like its running on 4. Ran out of light for the day so it'll be back to it first thing in the morning. I'm guessing I've missed something on one of the plugs, although they all torqued up correctly as did the coil packs.
One thing that's a bit weird is in the "62k service how to" its mentioned about 2 pipes coming off the intake pipe. I only had the one with the green clip and couldn't see any other fittings are the 2 pipes a PF thing?
Anyone had similar and something glaringly obvious I've missed?

Cheers

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Right, just been and uploaded BF stage 3 and changed to RS plugs also pulled the KAM fuse while I did it. Fired up but very lumpy feels like its running on 4. Ran out of light for the day so it'll be back to it first thing in the morning. I'm guessing I've missed something on one of the plugs, although they all torqued up correctly as did the coil packs.
One thing that's a bit weird is in the "62k service how to" its mentioned about 2 pipes coming off the intake pipe. I only had the one with the green clip and couldn't see any other fittings are the 2 pipes a PF thing?
Anyone had similar and something glaringly obvious I've missed?

Cheers
you may have plugged the wrong connector into the wrong coil, the wires are a bit close and you can easily get muddled up. And thats normal with the intake pipe, really early ones had 2 pipes going to it, mine only has the green button connector like you, later ones had none apparently

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yeah checked all the gaps 2 needed a little tweak. Just been to try and read the fault codes with the bluefin. It's not showing up any codes for a misfire (or anything else) which a bit weird. Was hoping it could narrow down the search for me.
Oh well take it all apart again in the morning and double check everything.

#8 ·
Plug had cracked at the porcelain just above the nut. Must have managed it while fitting as I didn't notice it when I gapped them. Down side was nipping to Ford for a replacement at 16 quid each. Only paid 41 including postage for all 5 from MLM!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.