Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
well as you may have previously read after getting a custom made exhaust put on my st and the day my dream science cais arrived i broke 2 bones in my wrist:( so my arm is in full plaster, so after my girl friend has been useing the st as a snow plough i thought id better re attach my front mud flaps, i managed ok with one hand and thought well the dream science cant be that hard to fit haha poped the bonnet and went oh f**k, do you have to lower the radiator to take the air box out? doesnt look possible with one hand at all:O
update:) got it all fitted and ligned up,OMG the noise is unreal and love the dump sound. only major problem is the bracket holding the 2nd tube with the filter on attaches to a threaded part on the chassis, but when i tighten the nut on this bolt part it doesnt go tight, tried a few nuts and i think it must be a different thread, just stuck a cable tie around it for now, has anyone done anything else more permanent, thanks

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
lol. sorry to hear about all this.
you dont have to drop the rad but you will need 2 hands. its a
to fit but worth it.

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
You,ll need both knuckles to get shreaded to pieces getting the awkward
air box out! I would get someone else to fit it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I feel for you matey, I broke my scaphoid last week on my right hand after an argument with a icy puddle on the mountain bike (in a plantation of all places) and I'm not allowed to drive. I really miss driving the ST and I'm sick of doing things with my left hand.

now where did I put that Ibuprofen....

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
QUOTE(PHILJB @ 13 Jan 2010, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You'll need both knuckles to get shreaded to pieces getting the awkward
air box out! I would get someone else to fit it.
Once you drop the radiator cradle and take the ECU etc off the airbox it oes actually come out ok. But that's using 2 hands, wouldn't even attempt it 1 handed

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I don't have any ramps or jack etc so I couldn't drop the radiator. I used brute force to rip the airbox out. It was an absolute pain and definately needed 2 hands

·
Registered
293 Posts
ive done a few now and there not to bad just need to get the ecu and pipes out the way and basicly pull up and slide out to the right hand side defo a 2 hand job hough and no need to drop the rads

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
update!! got the old air box out with 1.5 hands lol and got the 1st pipe fitted and the rs ecu cover on
cant wait to finish it

·
Registered
557 Posts
QUOTE(jamesmacc2008 @ 13 Jan 2010, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>update:) got it all fitted and ligned up,OMG the noise is unreal and love the dump sound. only major problem is the bracket holding the 2nd tube with the filter on attaches to a threaded part on the chassis, but when i tighten the nut on this bolt part it doesnt go tight, tried a few nuts and i think it must be a different thread, just stuck a cable tie around it for now, has anyone done anything else more permanent, thanks

THread is a bit old but not sure how you got on after?

The spare nut left on the car fits the supplied 10mm bolt. The other end is a locknut and bolt which should fit fine as long as they supplied the right ones!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts