Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts

This little things are really nasty, minor I suppose all covered up from the outside world but i need to get them sorted as it makes the car look poop in my eyes and i want the car to be A1

Maybe a new seal?

Clips easy to replace?

Another new seal

Hopefully just the handle bit i can get from ford??

Nasty!! how the
they got rusty looks poop

·
Registered
649 Posts
all simple fixes mate. new boot and door rubbers. the trim panel prob requires a new panel clip or even just banged back in. the seat just need taken out rubbed down and repainted. my drivers seat is the same. not quite sure what up with the seat belt adjuster.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
all i can think off is when you open the door in the rain and then the droplets sit there and rest it

Ive tried banging it dont want to know, A trip to ford tomorrow for some clips and some prices

·
Registered
649 Posts
the clip is more than likely bent or broken i would be prepared for a shock at ford though got a feeling the rubbers wont be cheap the clips should be pennies though.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
all i can think off is when you open the door in the rain and then the droplets sit there and rest it
Thats exactly what it is, if the top of the car is wet then as soon as you open the door water is able to drip directly down onto the bolts, absolutely appauling design at the very least the seat anchor points should have a plastic cover to stop it happening and make it look a bit more attractive than just some torx bolts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Im going to make some washer type things at work so, undo the torx screw and place the washer/plate the screw it down with a new screw may be a s/s allen bolt. the washer plate will fit in the indent

1 - 13 of 13 Posts