Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
K&N 57i Generation II Induction Kits fitted to there
's ? I just want to hear what they sound like as may be interested in getting one.

Cheers.

PS sorry if this is in the wrong section was'nt sure where to put it.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I've tried to record mine on the camera a few times, but it can't really pick it up. It's not that it's too quite either because i can't do a decent recording with the dump valve.

I have a few vids not on youtube, but the decat is the only thing you can hear.

Best thing is to find someone close to Wiltshire who has the kit and go out for a blast.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are the k&n induction kits louder ? compared to what we have now we have a k&n panel and a spacer ? would we notice a difference

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
hi i have one fitted to mine & what i can tell you is that its louder than standard, and if your car is mapped you get the dump valve noise on lift off, also get turbo chatter through mine when i lift off the throttle while on boost in 3rd gear & above. i picked mine up on here for a ton second hand, for that price its a no brainer! k&n filter has a lifetime warrany, just give it a clean every now and then. get a good performance gain too. standard airbox is horribly restrictive.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
It's more DSCI induction than standard. From what i can imagine, the panel filter + spacer will sound the same as a standard setup so yes you will notice a difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts