Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, Picked up my 06 st a couple of weeks ago and am looking for more power, Seems nothing is ever enough eh? Already fitted a k&n gen II, and am just deciding on what exhaust to get but the one thing I am having trouble with is finding someone to remap my car, It seems that all people seem to do is hand held systems? I always thought that as with chipping this was not the best way to go as it is not tailord to your specific car it will not give the best possible results. Am i being picky or is there an eliment of sense in this?? Im in the south London/ Surrey area, Is there any one out there who can help?

·
Registered
13,907 Posts
QUOTE(bigdcroad @ 29 Dec 2009, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi guys, Picked up my 06 st a couple of weeks ago and am looking for more power, Seems nothing is ever enough eh? Already fitted a k&n gen II, and am just deciding on what exhaust to get but the one thing I am having trouble with is finding someone to remap my car, It seems that all people seem to do is hand held systems? I always thought that as with chipping this was not the best way to go as it is not tailord to your specific car it will not give the best possible results. Am i being picky or is there an eliment of sense in this?? Im in the south London/ Surrey area, Is there any one out there who can help?

Amd in Essex or tourque of the devil in middx will both be able to sort you out. Most owners have gone for a hand held unit due to being able to return to stock if needed. Also these generic maps work well with the st and have been tried and tested to be reliable and safe.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
QUOTE(PHILJB @ 29 Dec 2009, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>And in Essex or tourque of the devil in middx will both be able to sort you out. Most owners have gone for a hand held unit due to being able to return to stock if needed. Also these generic maps work well with the st and have been tried and tested to be reliable and safe.

I think he is actually refering to live mapping, as far as I am aware both AmD and TotD use one shot maps not live mapping, so really exactly the same as a handset, I seem to remember that Pumabuild were offering a "special tune" which turned out to be ModB lol

OP Unless the Banjo is gonna map it, dont bother buy a handset, tried and tested maps that will take your car as far as you want them to. Dreamscience is my favored only because of the development they put in oh and also awesome maps and kit to chose from.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
ToTD dont do custom maps for the ST unless you wanted omex or something and thats just silly expensive.

Stick with a handset you can't go wrong with that, I have a code:red and love it.
DS are also very impressive is Bluefin.

(ToTD sell both CR and Bluefin if you are intrested)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Due to the way technology has improved over the years a one-shot map doesn't really offer any benefits over a handheld unit on an ST, if you think all the cars have the same ECU and map when they leave the factory so if you have a certain amount of mods you just pick the correct modified map for that set of mods.

The other advantage being you can return the car to standard at anytime if you need to go to Fords sell the car etc.

I believe with the technology available you wouldn't get any more power/torque even with a live map due to the way the ECU adjusts parameters...but I'm not 100% on that.

HTH

·
Registered
699 Posts
i have to say a custom map is better as my car is ment to be just over 300 but was running over a second quicker than 330 hp st's on the 1/4 mile and also beat a 360+ hp mk 2 rs by 2 lengths my map is custom and seems to be alot better than the generic ones

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.