Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was bored so painted the wing badges & fog surround silver trims in satin black;

Now just need the wheels powdercoating satin black and am nearly happy with it

Rob

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments people

Already thought of the vents but not Focus RS ones

In my garage getting worked on bit by bit - fiesta RS turbo vents will be done in black

Rob

·
Registered
261 Posts
Looking great. Is there a 'How to' on spraying grilles as I want mine done but not sure how! Do I take them off? How do you? Is spray better or paint? Etc.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not sure if there is a how too - all i did was remove all the bits i wanted spraying then ran a scotch pad over, Painting itself was plenty of plastic primer then some nice thick coats of satin black spray paint, only cost £8 to do all the plastics

Rob

·
Registered
81 Posts
QUOTE(robbie1988 @ 24 Jan 2010, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for the comments people

Already thought of the vents but not Focus RS ones

In my garage getting worked on bit by bit - fiesta RS turbo vents will be done in black

Rob

Hey Rob,

Did you buy a bonnet from Ford to do this?

I've just bought a pair of Saph 4x4 vents for my car but i need a donor bonnet to fit them to.

The RS turbo vents look sweet mate. Flush fit vents is the only way. I hate the stick up FRS vents with a passion.

Cheers.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Believe it or not I bought it off ebay complete with vents (they are genuine ones as well) very unfinished for only £40 so thought it was too good to pass up

Rob

·
Registered
81 Posts
QUOTE(robbie1988 @ 24 Jan 2010, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Believe it or not I bought it off ebay complete with vents (they are genuine ones as well) very unfinished for only £40 so thought it was too good to pass up

Rob

Thats pretty good, is it a genuine ford panel.? I contacted someone on ebay selling 'insurance approved' bonnet. I'm not sure what the fitment would be like.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It looks like a genuine part and fit is spot on - lad i got it off bought it off ebay and he says it was genuine ford part

Rob

1 - 20 of 28 Posts