Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Anyone know any good paintshops in the north east (Middlesbrough Area)

Been out with the wife, got back to car, and someone has kindly put a nice deep 10 inch scratch, just under the drivers handle.
(3dr eo st2)
I used to be a paint sprayer, so know its a nightmare to match the colour

Wish i had caught them doin it......

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Sorry to here this mate, i know what a pig EO is to spray hence me getting rid of mine i wish you luck.
And if by any chance you catch the scrot who done it give a good

·
Registered
34 Posts
QUOTE(Glenster @ 23 Jan 2010, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>sorry to hear this, is orange really a pain to match? mines being resprayed at the minute after someone reversed into it and im worried what its gunna turn out like!

the guy 2 doors along from me is a body sprayer and he told me when he saw mine never to go to him for a paint job caz it was a nightmare to match. he said its a 6 phase paint job

·
Registered
150 Posts
gutted for you mate. if everybody was as carefull as me when they got in there car or pushed a trolley around a car park none of us would have any marks on our cars. some people are just
though. i hate parking mine anywhere. on the same subject i seem to have a small crease right on the edge of my bonnet and a crack in the paint, i have to park it quite close to my garage door and sometimes the door just misses it, not sure if one of the kids has been out to the garage and shut it a bit quick and the garage door must have streached a bit in its runners and caught the bonnet. of course though, nobody knows anything.
me off though as i only polished the bonnet last week and i swear it wasnt there then. will probably get it sorted in the summer by chips away or the like, or maybee get it to a sprayer and get the front bumper stone chips blown over at the same time.

·
Registered
379 Posts
QUOTE([email protected] @ 23 Jan 2010, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the guy 2 doors along from me is a body sprayer and he told me when he saw mine never to go to him for a paint job caz it was a nightmare to match. he said its a 6 phase paint job

kinda worried now lol. Mind you the garage its in has over 35 years experiance and its an insurance job so i would presume its going to be done properly, i did have a performance blue fiesta done private by a one man band bodyshop and he matched that ok and thats not a normal run of the mill blue.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone for the replies.
Quite an easy repair if it wasnt for the
eo paint

Looks luvly when clean and polished tho

Feel a bit better now its only a car after all, at least its not of the family thats injured or hurt....

·
Registered
34 Posts
QUOTE(Glenster @ 23 Jan 2010, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>kinda worried now lol. Mind you the garage its in has over 35 years experiance and its an insurance job so i would presume its going to be done properly, i did have a performance blue fiesta done private by a one man band bodyshop and he matched that ok and thats not a normal run of the mill blue.

my mate along the doors just said it was 1 of the hardest paint jobs he done. im sure your garage will be ok

·
Registered
122 Posts
QUOTE(smoggy @ 23 Jan 2010, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Feel a bit better now its only a car after all, at least its not of the family thats injured or hurt....

Where do these idiots come from no respect for other people's hard earned property
, but what you said about family is so so true!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
QUOTE(pepsisteve @ 23 Jan 2010, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>gutted for you mate. if everybody was as carefull as me when they got in there car or pushed a trolley around a car park none of us would have any marks on our cars. some people are just
though. i hate parking mine anywhere. on the same subject i seem to have a small crease right on the edge of my bonnet and a crack in the paint, i have to park it quite close to my garage door and sometimes the door just misses it, not sure if one of the kids has been out to the garage and shut it a bit quick and the garage door must have streached a bit in its runners and caught the bonnet. of course though, nobody knows anything.
me off though as i only polished the bonnet last week and i swear it wasnt there then. will probably get it sorted in the summer by chips away or the like, or maybee get it to a sprayer and get the front bumper stone chips blown over at the same time.

Thats why i take the van when i go food shopping. I know what your saying there, im ocd when it comes to parking. People who key cars should be tought a lesson
=

I washed the beast today then spent 2 hours polishing the scratches out because of a
ginger cat that sits on everyones cars down my rd.
Could do with an air rifle
or to do a proper job a shotgun!

·
Registered
293 Posts
lol @ the cat we had one untill i got it with the pressure washer all 140bar of water up its........
anyways hope u get it sortedits ust some jelous lazy lay about who doesnt work hard liek yourself to have a nice car and needs a good beating....
think that sums it up! i heard the orange is a pain to match but most good body shops have it sorted now best bet is a ford place that is doing that paint all the time

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(LiamX8 @ 24 Jan 2010, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>lol @ the cat we had one untill i got it with the pressure washer all 140bar of water up its........
anyways hope u get it sortedits ust some jelous lazy lay about who doesnt work hard liek yourself to have a nice car and needs a good beating....
think that sums it up! i heard the orange is a pain to match but most good body shops have it sorted now best bet is a ford place that is doing that paint all the time

Thanks everyone, just been quoted £584.75 to repaint the scratch and blend in rear quarter (main dealer)

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
Would you believe it. Just washed the car today and some
has keyed my rear quarter panel

Vandals 1 - Me 0

However, after an hour with various products and my G220 polisher I have got rid of the scratch.

Vandals 1 - me 1

Now who have I upset recently

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE(Allan @ 25 Jan 2010, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Would you believe it. Just washed the car today and some
has keyed my rear quarter panel

Vandals 1 - Me 0

However, after an hour with various products and my G220 polisher I have got rid of the scratch.

Vandals 1 - me 1

Now who have I upset recently

Well done Allan

Orange Man..Little bit cheaper if i pay cash, they will drop labour from £30 to £26, cost of paint etc comes in at £257, 3 stage paint job

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
QUOTE(smoggy @ 23 Jan 2010, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Anyone know any good paintshops in the north east (Middlesbrough Area)

Been out with the wife, got back to car, and someone has kindly put a nice deep 10 inch scratch, just under the drivers handle.
(3dr eo st2)
I used to be a paint sprayer, so know its a nightmare to match the colour

Wish i had caught them doin it......
Thats the main reason i didn't go for the orange dont think its easy at all to get a good paint match.
Sorry to hear this hope it gets sorted out ASAP

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.