Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving back from the hospital this morning,
No boost what so ever and the exhaust note has changed to a ear bleeding noise,
Just to add Thursday just gone I had the actuator turned down.
The cat, down pipe and exhaust has only done about 600 miles if that, I have checked all pipe work on top but haven鈥檛 jacked up and looked under yet, the car is booked back in to scc this week but thought I would get your thoughts on it 馃
Ps: no fault codes 馃憤

Premium Member
Alan St500
Would I loose all boost just because of the downpipe馃 just to note on my aftermarket boost gauge at full throttle I can only get -1 max
I don鈥檛 know but if it鈥檚 got LOUD then it鈥檚 got to be exhaust based and I presume without the correct back pressure and flow over the lambda sensors it would make it not boost but would expect a code or two

Registered
Mike Mk2 ST225
Figure this one out:

My turbo failed and when boost usually came in it felt like hitting a brick wall. Obviously no boost and must have been cutting fuel like mad.

But no faults. Didn't even throw up a proper code. These are truly weird when it comes to fault codes.

On a previous car I had a replacement cat (I think it was the cat, exhaust anyway) few months later replaced again under warranty as it split clean in half and made a hell of a noise.

I've heard of bolts coming undone countless times and sure I've seen a few stories of "locking" bolts doing the same.

I'm sure you've seen these cars cut boost for many reasons. Boost can easily destroy the engine so makes sense the car will protect itself as soon as something is wrong, even if it doesn't make sense to us end users half the time. Need to get underneath to get an answer as to why though

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ill do a video today of the boost, i was going to get under it today but this rain is in for the day so will wait until Thursday for scc, worst case if the turbo has gone, I'll go for their stage one hybrid

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
actuator bolt come undone, the exhaust note has gone back to normal and the circulation valve has stopped chattering, decided to have a early mot and service while I鈥檓 here

1 - 20 of 21 Posts