Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a new netbook for a xmas present and looking to get a very basic game to play on it (64mb). Now can anyone tell me what is the memory size of the following graphics card, and if it has shared or dedicated grahics?? I've looked at the web but cant find an answer.

All the Currys website says is
Graphics card: Mobile Intel® 945 Express Media Accelerator

·
Registered
112 Posts
The Intel 945 graphics cards are build into the system and use shared memory, the amount used is upto the user, but can generally be 8-128mb.

For playing basic games it should be more the fine, although modern 3D games will not be playable.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Heh, they are called netbooks not gamebooks

Still, minesweeper, solitaire, hearts, freecell, spider solitaire and mahjong are cracking little time wasters

·
Registered
12 Posts
The best thing to do is to increase the onboard ram. Increasing the ram will increase the performance of your exsisting system.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
QUOTE(davechci @ 23 Nov 2009, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I thought that might be mentioned! I'm wasnt asking to play top end games, just the ones that are 3 for a tenner etc.

Yeah, I know what you meant but still couldn't help but make a sarccy comment

And I guess that if you're looking at games that are 3 for a tenner, even if they don't work, you've hardly lost out

Aaaaand thinking more about it, you could just play some of the stuff at www.addictinggames.com - that'll help pass the time

1 - 8 of 8 Posts