Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
well this morning i was up on time for once on my way droppin buddy of at nursery.. and there was a copper pulling out. so like i always do i give way and let every body out . but he flagged me on .
and from that min i know here we go.. i am think why did i not just say in bed . lol! So with in a few mins the flashing lights was on ! tipical about 9 house down from buddys nursery..

i prob did not help my self to start with . by me saying ya alright mate b4 we start is there any chance u can let me drop my son off a few doors down or he will miss his breakfast ! his reply no u cant..

then he replys the normal one. do u know why i stopped u ! my reply not got a clue sir.. then he stated i stopped you for not having a no plate on the front of ya car. this is were is went wrong ish ! because i laffed. and he wanted to know y i laffed . so i explaned . that it has a no plate and there and theses not a chance in the world any body has nicked it or it has fallen off.. as we both walked to the front of the car to show him. so he said sorry mr winder i never seen it there .. then he stated ok you hav a plate on (BUT 1 there no bsu mark on it 2 no manufatchors makers logo on bottoms and 3 spacing in corret )
so you hav 3 probs with the plate now.

here we go i tho again then he replyed saying look mr winder i hav done you loads of times now for drivng around in ya busses with e leagl plates !
now the penny dropped he did my dad 5/6 times last year. and he told me were i lived (because he used to wait for my dad round the corner . and do him. ) or his drivers.. So lucky i think he was after my dad again.. not me. and he give me verbal warning PHEW ! but he said i will be watching

So i gonna hav to get some new plates made up ;-(

i better call in at my local car shop pmsl

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
Self adhesive number plates have always been illegal as far as I know and having it in an odd place is asking for attention in the first place. I would have thought, based on your dad's experience, you'd know better than to play straight into waiting plod's hands

·
Registered
962 Posts
Although you should be more careful and have legal plates, it seems like you just caught this guy on a bad day. Although the police actively promote catching drivers who display illegal plates it's well down their list of priorities, particularly at this time of year with so many drink drivers chancing their arm.

Sounds like he has a bit of a vendetta against your dad? Unfortunately some police choose not to utilise the greatest tool in their arsenal. Discretion.

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,591 Posts
I thought the purpose of making the external appearance of the car non standard was to attract attention so it looks like you succeeded

·
Registered
874 Posts
Self adhesive number plates have always been illegal as far as I know and having it in an odd place is asking for attention in the first place. I would have thought, based on your dad's experience, you'd know better than to play straight into waiting plod's hands
Self adhesive are illegal??

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
the spacing looks ok to me on that plate lee....

don't know how you're going to get a plate at such short notice......

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
Dodgy plates are one of my pet hates I have to admit, but more due to trying to make a 'personal' plate by mixing up the spacing. I think yours is OK, the space is where it's meant to be and it's clearly visible. But they are starting to clamp down on the whole BS mark etc round here as well.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
downer mate a copper with to much time on his hands i think.all the crime that goes on and hes moaning about your number plate.
i use to get pulled all the time when i had my rs turbo it use to
me right of when i had not done any thing wrong

·
Registered
874 Posts
Yup, always have been as far as I know. Number plates must conform to the BS standard and there aren't any self-adhesive plates that do.
Does that include having them stuck on with those sticky strip things that halfords sell or is it the ones where you peel the whole back off?

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts

man up

Bad luck twinned with a little good luck i suppose Lee, at least he didnt run you. Arent they a pita!
I've had a cop do something similar trying to nick me, its great if you can stay one step ahead of them lol.

There are a million and one worse crimes being committed out there, jog on plod!
I don't see how driving round with illegal plates makes you more manly....

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
no swifty ! my dad is as stright as they come he will not do any bent or dodgey... BUT on this one it was more princeapal.. the plates he had on he,s 48 seater ,s busses had been on them for over 15 years.. he just did not like getting storked. he paid the fines .. he argument was they been on there 15 years i am not trying to make it look like any think else in fat it was bigger and bolder ! and u could of seen them from a mile away.
and he had he name and no and addrss wrote down the side of the buss ! lol !
he got normal ish plates on now ! lol

·
Registered
962 Posts
downer mate a copper with to much time on his hands i think.all the crime that goes on and hes moaning about your number plate
i use to get pulled all the time when i had my rs turbo it use to
me right of when i had not done any thing wrong
Unfortunately mate some people drive performance cars like idiots and ruin it for the rest of us. I'd very much doubt he had too much time on his hands, more likely just reacted to what was put in front of him. Illegal is illegal.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts