Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all as some might know i recently had my car stolen
it was at the garage being fixed took 10 weeks for the repairs to be done
anyway i picked it up today got given the work sheet of the work that had been done,i did'nt really take much notice until i got home,anyway as i was looking through it i noticed that the front bumper was repaired and not replaced as i was told it would be replaced and also they valeted the car which looked like a 5 year old had done it,and the badge on the side of the front wings dont match as 1 has the red
and the other has just plain silver?
On the hole im quite happy with the car just a few little bits that are quite annoying and y say that they will replace for new when they dont or they could at least tell u that it was repaired instead alin the total cost was £2489 which £450 i had to pay as my excess

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
take it straight back to the repairer if your not happy with anything ,and let your insureres know your not happy .
as for the badges being diferant on either side that would ring alarm bells in my head as id look at it that 1...there trying it on 2..that would tel me what sort of repairers id trusted my car to !
id also want to know why the bumper wasnt replaced as per the original quote and wonder if it had been plastic welded so they can make more money .
seem to be hearing alot of this kind of thing of late with repairers trying it on ,but i alweays collect my cars in daylight and do realy realy go over them before signing for any work.
why should you "overall be happy" the car should come out in the condition it was in pre accident .

·
Registered
31 Posts
My first eo st was keyed doen one side went into main dealer to get fixed they phoned me 5pm to say car was ready dark of course when i got their it was parked outside , next morning checked it over whilst cleaning it wast'nt even that clean
it was a totally different shade & the side-skirt on the other side had a black sealer along where it joins the back quarter
pannel took car straight they said it was "quote" an acceptable colour match considering the colour & they said they hadn't
tuoched the other side !! took it to a local bodyshop who checked it over the car had been damaged & sill bodged with filler
& skirt put back on with a sealer went through my insurance & told that what i had found they were great the car was took to
another dealer where it was repaired to a very goood standard so if your not happy go straight back & if you get know joy
go back through your insurance ..........................

·
1,285 Posts
Ring the insurance company straight away and tell them you are disgusted with the state of repair, especially if its through one of their approved garages. If they promised new for old, then get it back there and insist its done as promised. Get a name who you spoke to at the insurance company and make sure you kick their backside... you don't pay high premiums every year for them to provide shoddy repairers.

Hope it all works out for you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.