Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's well worth taking the trip down, they have some of the F1 teams running their cars up the hill, along with touring cars, superbikes etc. there's a rally stage too where the likes of Ken Block do some timed laps. Also there's a huge area where vehicle manufactures promote their new cars, so it's effectively a motor show too. Would be cool to get a few ST's parked up together in the car park

·
Captain Slow
16,275 Posts
I haven't been for a good few years now, I must try and get my backside there again! Plus it's only just down the road from me

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,078 Posts
I will probably go again this year....Only missed 4 years out of the 19 so far ....Sundays are always the busiest days and usually the day that the big stars are there......but it's also the dearest day !!

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
I will probably go again this year....Only missed 4 years out of the 19 so far ....Sundays are always the busiest days and usually the day that the big stars are there......but it's also the dearest day !!
I noticed!

Thursday and Friday seems cheap if it's the same kinda thing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I went 2009, 2010 and 2011, it truly is an Awesome day out, there is so much going on you don't know where to look and just spend all day walking around pointing at stuff saying "look at that, look at that...."

As said Sundays are the busiest (although still not rammed) and are the most expensive, Saturdays are not quite as busy and Friday is the quietest and the cheapest. Usually they have the same format throughout the weekend of the cars running up the hill but Sundays the drivers tend to give it the full beans as it's the last day. You can upgrade your ticket and get a seat in a stand which gives you a better view of the track simply as your able to see better over the bales lining the track but tbh I've never had a problem and there are other stands that you can get onto for a better advantage. Also there is so much more going on that you really don't want to spend too much time in one spot.

If you haven't been, go, get your wallet out, get your ticket and get yourself down there you will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have been a few times and its just fantastic petrol head heaven , saw Alain Prost and Rene Arnoux waiting to go out on the Renault turbo F1 cars last year, what a pair of shorties! Lots of classic racing cars, loved the group 5 Zakspeed Capri that was there last year, GT40's Lotus Cortinas etc. plus all the Rally cars at the top of the hill. Weather was good too. Worth every penny, hoping to go this year and to Ford Fair too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts