Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Seems like i have the baby version compared to everyone else on here....feel like maybe i should be on another forum for kids ha ha.

Brought my first ST170 on friday. Love the car to pieces. Had a Megane shake your ass before and oh my what a pile of poo that was (sold my leon cupra for that hoping for better economy!! Didn't quite work like that) The latest repair bill of 1k for the megane topped it (which i didnt get repaired in the end) so decided to chop it in for the ST170. Its a 53 plate in near immaculate condition only a very few minor niggles...very small scratch on the door (1/2 inch long right near door handle) which i am going to get chips away out to do, and three small marks on rear bumper (allhalf the size of my little finger nail) and 1 on front bumper (very minor).

Travelled from 150miles from london to get it. Got a fantastic deal from a trader on my trade in price hence the long travelling distance!

Any way i'm waffling there is probably another section for all this info! Will post some pictures up tomorrow hopefully.

Jimbo (Slug)

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
mate!

This site is mainly for the ST225 but there are many of us on here who had/still own the ST170. If you have any problems you are bound to find someone on here who can help you out.

Common problems are the rattling cat heatshield and with a clip breaking that pulls the inlet manifold open, in turn causing the small motor that operates it to burn out. Not too expensive to sort though. I had one for nearly 3 years and spent only between £100-£200 on repair bills.

Try www.fordst170.co.uk for info

I loved it to bits and would have another as a second car anyday!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a feeling it was! Maybe one day will get the ST225...cant insure the mrs on it at the mo as she is just a provisional learner!

Its had a brand new exhaust from manifold back and it sounds a bit raspy bnut then again a friends focus does it exaclty the same thing. Think i'll look in to what you just said. Nice to know you havent spent much on your old one in that sort time! More than what i can say for the megane!

Thanks for the welcome though.

slug

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Not a problem mate, that website I posted up contains many common faults and useful snippets and is definitely worth a look for a first port of call.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me on this forum and I'll try and help! (Can't promise anything as am no expert, just had experience of the car
)

·
Registered
773 Posts
Welcome to the forum. As Martin said, there are a fair few members who have experience of owning the 170 and have a range of knowldge on it as a result.

Enjoy your new car!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
where abouts in essex you from laura?? anywhere near romford!?!?

Cheers mart will keep you in mind mate. So far only probs i picked out was new battery and needs a new rear wheel bearing but its not terrible. will replace both rears at the same time

·
Registered
773 Posts
QUOTE(slugsst170 @ 2 Feb 2010, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>where abouts in essex you from laura?? anywhere near romford!?!?

I am in Rayleigh. Where are you? (oh, if you are Essex based then your region is East of England
)

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
to the club.

I still have my
170, it's a great handling car.

I kept her as my daily driver & I still love her.... Apart from the rattling heat shield!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts