Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,im putting my missus through her driving test
have looked at a couple of cars zafiras,mondeo etc but the insurance seems really high 1k plus
is there any good cars out there to fit 5 people that is cheap to run and cheap to insure/tax?? that im over looking??

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Seat toledo tdi, it's not the prettiest but its cheap, practical, economical, cheap to insure etc etc
If I buy a go kart I'll be lugging it around it with one of these

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if i was to get her own insurance and put me as a second driver can i use my no claims bonus on her policy as well as my own seperate policy??

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No. Only on one policy.
so would it work out cheaper for me to add another car to my policy and add her as a second driver?? would she be able to build he own no claims bonus? or does it depend on the insurere?

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
so would it work out cheaper for me to add another car to my policy and add her as a second driver?? would she be able to build he own no claims bonus? or does it depend on the insurere?
A multicar policy might let you use a NCB on both. And depending on the insurer depends whether a named driver can earn a NCB.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Focus .mk1 as stingy said. Or
Ford fusion , fiesta mechanics but a lot cheaper to buy.ugly but good little run around.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
hi all,im putting my missus through her driving test
have looked at a couple of cars zafiras,mondeo etc but the insurance seems really high 1k plus
is there any good cars out there to fit 5 people that is cheap to run and cheap to insure/tax?? that im over looking??
hi mate i got my misses a pug 206 1.4 hdi only £35 tax for 12 months.its cheap to ins and run i got 60mpg out of it 2weeks ago

1 - 12 of 12 Posts