Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess a lot of people say this at this time of year but anybody else thats not drinking for a while? And how long for?

My liver is crying out for a rest

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I had had no alcohol from just before my 18th birthday til about 2 years ago now let me work that out emmmm approx 15 years and even now i very rarely have more than one glass.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I had a dry night last night, but only cause I was on call, making up for it tonight
I must say though it's a doddle to go without a drink I don't mind being sober on a night out

·
Registered
249 Posts
wow, all you guys that manage to stay off the booze for a long time or all the time must have very strong will power. Whenever I try to stay off it for a while, it lasts for about a week!

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Last time I had any alcohol was in France (fishing trip) over nearly two and half years. But we may be going over this and sadly l most likely be drinking everyday, Stella is cheaper than a can of coke on the camp site (may of changed now though).

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
QUOTE(paulgod @ 1 Jan 2010, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>wow, all you guys that manage to stay off the booze for a long time or all the time must have very strong will power. Whenever I try to stay off it for a while, it lasts for about a week!

I'm with you there mate. I tried last year and managed four days
. I'm going to give it another go as of next week when i go back to work after the Xmas break. I've worked out i spend around £150 a month on just booze
. After 15 years of doing this i feel i MUST now stop or carry on digging my own grave

Perhaps we could have our own focusstoc.com alcoholics anoymous section

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'll be joining the T-Total club after tonight
gonna give it a break for a while also... got the treadmill for xmas so going to get fit over the next few months
(well that's the idea)

·
Registered
269 Posts
From the 21st of dec to the 1st of jan i've had a totall of 6 beers, it does'nt really interest me. Plus feeling fresh on a sunday morning is wicked! Each to their own tho! I'd rather fuell the
beast

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
QUOTE(Stu76 @ 1 Jan 2010, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'll be joining the T-Total club after tonight
gonna give it a break for a while also... got the treadmill for xmas so going to get fit over the next few months
(well that's the idea)

Treadmills make a great clothes horse!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm about to go a month off the beer. My last night will be tomorrow then that will be it until Feb. Only done a month off a few times and the hardest bit is first week just to stop the habit of going for a drink. Hope you do it! I think its worth doing just to prove you can if more than anything else!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.